Third Party Press

Sniper G98 for review

Njg1

Hi everyone,

I'm putting down here this rifle, which a friend made made me in charge of selling.

It appears to be an original one with an Emil busch mount. It recently came out of the attic in Eastern France. Still had its original muzzle cover fitted.

Only mm pieces are the bolt (obviously…), mag floor plate and cartridges elevator. Scope mount is numbered to the rifle.

I'm looking for any additional informations and an idea on the price of such a rifle on the EU market.

Any help appreciated :thumbsup:

Regards
Njg

82de7f10.jpg d0813f10.jpg
fe464610.jpg
e7cc6f10.jpg
81d17d10.jpg 41cd6c11.jpg 8eef3c10.jpg

Looks good and original to me. I'd buy it if I was in your position and the price was fair.

OT: you mentioned it comes from an attic ... I am always amazed that for whatever reason ALWAYS there is someone who tried to remove the scope base screws and damaged the screw heads. Makes one wonder what for he wanted to do that ..

I would contact member Amberg here (or perhaps he will comment). He knows WWI snipers better then anyone I know. And I trust his opinion more then anyone else.

WWI snipers are extremely rare and faked a lot.

Hello my friend

The mounting of the front base with 2 screws, different from mine with 1 screw but identical to that of Absolut (1 of those of Absolut)
Looks like Emilbush's montage was put on Danzig and Amberg, and mine is a 1917 Danzig (photo with rc stamp)
You sent me the pictures of the punches on the right and you should post them, same as Absolut's, its 2 screw mount and the punches are the same, a top view of the front mount would be appreciated

See you soon

https://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?39244-G98-Emilbush-mount

https://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?39325-WWI-Gew98-with-Emil-Busch-Rathenow-scope-bases

Attachments

• DSC_0679.jpg
    DSC_0679.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Busch_15 - Copie.jpg
    Busch_15 - Copie.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 35
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your answers.
The rifle is not mine and I do not intend to but it. It belongs to a close friend who put me in charge of selling. Thats why I'm asking here for opinions on the price and additional intel.

I don't understand either why so many attic finds show such screw head wear, guess the elders always wanted to take a look behind the curtain for no reason…

@Jack: the proof markings pic is there, among the others. If anyone is able to determine from where it comes from that would be fantastic.

Regards,
Njg

That is the real deal for sure. Buy it and watch eBay and eventually you will find a scope and rings that will fit.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

This is a Spandau 1915 rifle. (Thanks to Paul, who confirmed my assumption).
Rough condition, buggered up screw heads, "missing" bolt ....
I wouldn't rate the value too highly.
Thanks for showing.

Have an early war Busch Visar scope only a few numbers away from your rifle.

Attachments

• IMG_2244.JPG
    IMG_2244.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2242_2.jpg
    IMG_2242_2.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
GEW 98 sniper montage type Prussien

il y a effectivement de fortes chance que se soit une lunette Emil Bush qui monte dessus
le problème avec les emil Bush c est que vous pouvez prendre 10 fusils et 10 lunettes sans pouvoir aperer correctement et faire un ensemble cohérent de plus autant une lunette Emil Bush montage type Bavarois est tres courante inversement une Emile Bush montage type prussien est beaucoup moins courante ceux qui ont approfondis le sujet corroboreront
c est pour cette raison que les Gex 98 de sniper n ont pas une cote très élever
maintenant donner une cote sur un fusil ou il manque la culasse et qui est peau d orange c est au bon vouloir de chacun

Military Rifle Journal
Back