Third Party Press
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grandpas Radom vis 35

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Beautiful rig and as others said I'd guess it would be virtually impossible to upgrade that condition. Great surrender story too.
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"

Quote Originally Posted by heavy_mech View Post
    Reference this to the question the other day about shooting their collectible 98k. I hate saying 'yes' because when doofus shoots scorching hot 80 year old machine gun ammo and his gun blows up it's my fault.
    I hear you on that Mech, and I sometimes forget how different things are today. In years past it was safe to say "yes", because gun owners at least possessed some rudimentary knowledge of firearms and ammunition. For instance, you didn't have to tell someone that it was a bad idea to remove a stuck cleaning patch by firing a primed and charged cartridge case. Most people already knew such things, either from military training, reading or good ol' horse sense.

Nowadays however, you have to assume that people are ignorant until they demonstrate otherwise. After all, we're dealing with a generation that refers to firearms as "pew-pews".

How far we've fallen, it's really quite sad.

Richie

Quote Originally Posted by R.W. Parker View Post
    One day he was shooting rapid, when one discharge "didn't sound right". You guessed it, he had a BIB (bullet-in-bore). Rather than cease fire and inspect, he pressed the trigger again -- dumb-ass.

Richie
    He was probably firing so fast that he couldn’t stop as he was already in the process of pulling the trigger when he heard that the last round “didn’t sound right”.

Very nice. Hard to upgrade that. As others have said it’s not worth shooting due to risk of damaging it. Yes, you can replace a pistol but you can’t replace the such rich history that yours has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger 2 Tank View Post
    He was probably firing so fast that he couldn’t stop as he was already in the process of pulling the trigger when he heard that the last round “didn’t sound right”.
    Yes, that was pretty much it. The one that "didn't sound right" was the BIB, and the next round blew up the barrel.

I'll bet that last round REALLY "didn't sound right"!

Richie