Third Party Press

Grandpas Radom vis 35

Beautiful rig and as others said I'd guess it would be virtually impossible to upgrade that condition. Great surrender story too.

Reference this to the question the other day about shooting their collectible 98k. I hate saying 'yes' because when doofus shoots scorching hot 80 year old machine gun ammo and his gun blows up it's my fault.

I hear you on that Mech, and I sometimes forget how different things are today. In years past it was safe to say "yes", because gun owners at least possessed some rudimentary knowledge of firearms and ammunition. For instance, you didn't have to tell someone that it was a bad idea to remove a stuck cleaning patch by firing a primed and charged cartridge case. Most people already knew such things, either from military training, reading or good ol' horse sense.

Nowadays however, you have to assume that people are ignorant until they demonstrate otherwise. After all, we're dealing with a generation that refers to firearms as "pew-pews".

How far we've fallen, it's really quite sad.

Richie

One day he was shooting rapid, when one discharge "didn't sound right". You guessed it, he had a BIB (bullet-in-bore). Rather than cease fire and inspect, he pressed the trigger again -- dumb-a$$.

Richie

He was probably firing so fast that he couldn’t stop as he was already in the process of pulling the trigger when he heard that the last round “didn’t sound right”.

Very nice. Hard to upgrade that. As others have said it’s not worth shooting due to risk of damaging it. Yes, you can replace a pistol but you can’t replace the such rich history that yours has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was probably firing so fast that he couldn’t stop as he was already in the process of pulling the trigger when he heard that the last round “didn’t sound right”.

Yes, that was pretty much it. The one that "didn't sound right" was the BIB, and the next round blew up the barrel.

I'll bet that last round REALLY "didn't sound right"!

Richie

Nice looking rig and pistol. The serial number is important in evaluating the pistol, even if a couple of the last couple numbers are deleted. It looks likes a first K to maybe T block. The only issue I have had with these blocks is the firing pin. They are easy to find and not numbered. Nice one regardless.

I was having trouble seeing the finger relief cuts, which ended in the first K block. I found the H block serial number finally, duh. There were no I blocks but there was a J so I was a couple blocks off for a first K. Nice pistol with quite nice quality for a first H block. A keeper for sure.

Last edited:
A superior condition piece and holster/belt rig. From the photo, your pistol looks to be a first series in the "H"-bloc. The first P35(p) I bought was in 1976 or so. It was in like condition, came with a brown holster and spare magazine and am pretty sure it, too, was in the H5000 range. Paid a median price for it at the time...$75.00. Unfortunately I never kept a copy of the 14 or so pistol serial numbers I had when I sold them off in 1981 (helped with the down payment on my first house). However, most of them are pictured in Bob Berger's "red" Radom Pistol booklet. I noted a double-circle marking on the trigger guard web, which I do not recall seeing in the past. Likely it is some secondary inspection marking.

Military Rifle Journal
Back