Third Party Press

I am not sure what kind of a Mauser I have?

VolkSturm33

Registered
Hey I bought an all numbers matching Mauser K98 for $2800 including the shipping. When I got the rifle I thought it had the nazi marks on it, but this one does not?

I bought it from another CGN user, and I am not sure if I got ripped off. Can you tell me what it is by the details I will provide.

The Mauser details I can tell you are its a DOU 45 K98 with a graduated sight of 2000 metres also it does not have any swastikas on it, but all the numbers match.

It's hard to post photos so if you can provide me with a reasonable answer then I would be more than happy to e-mail you some photos of what I have.

Maybe you bought one of the post WWII Czech assembled rifles that mainly went to Israel. But without pictures from your rifle this is just wild guessing.

We have a picture reference section in here as well. In there are three links to dou 45 coded K98k rifles. You can check those and compare them with your rifle.

That's what I'm thinking too. Thing is if it really has 'no Swastikas' then it was assembled considerably after the war ended and they'd used up what was left at the factory. $2800 way too high IMHO

Go to the picture reference section to compare yours to other known examples if you can't post photos. If a post war example, then I would agree that $2800 is very overpriced.

Not beating on the OP as much as this sounds like 85% of the ammo/weapon purchasers the last 6 months.

Truly. Some of these people are really driving up prices and ending up with some real junk. Hope they are not conducting the rest of their lives in the same way.

Let’s all hold the phone here, and give this thing the benefit of the doubt until pictures are observed.

OP, we need to see pictures of the rifle to even begin to think about assessing it. You cannot expect anyone in their right mind to give you all the answers you seek with zero information besides vague details.

You need to put in your half of the work if you expect the rest of us to do ours. Take good quality, well lit photos and post them up, and you’ll have your answers.

Dou45 and Dot45 sell all the time on cgn, and are always bad. 95% of 98k posted there have issues. It’s not anyone’s fault it’s just what we have in Canada. I used to start threads of all the misrepresented guns, but no one listened.

..I used to start threads of all the misrepresented guns, but no one listened.

Lol. Like coming here for advise and then posting a follow up... "well after I took the hand grinder to those pesky sights and mounted a rail..."

Not beating on the OP as much as this sounds like 85% of the ammo/weapon purchasers the last 6 months.

yep some folks get lucky, some ask here, before they buy!!! the rest should stay off auction sites

sorry to repeat myself , but the message has not gotten across

Military Rifle Journal
Back