Third Party Press
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Pre98 Horror Story

Is that a scope you have in your pocket? Dave Roberts's Avatar

Default Another Pre98 Horror Story

Not surprised by this with so many other similar stories .

https://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...12168741-pre98

I buy capture paper guns ugafx4's Avatar

I think a 24k Hamada would be dead last on the firearms I would ever shoot list.

I'm not an attorney but return policy nuances like 3 days from item recieved gets really blurry. 3 days from when the FFL recieves? 3 days from the transfer? I personally would expect 3 days from the transfer because there is a documented transaction taking place that says this pistol came into my possession on this day. But what do I know? Reminds me of commonwealth hiding insane return hoops to jump through under the additional info tab.

I just looked at the listing on his website. The photos definitely show the safety. None of them are dead on of the safety though. I mean if I was dropping 25k on a pistol I feel as though I would have noticed.

Is that a scope you have in your pocket? Dave Roberts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ugafx4 View Post
    I think a 24k Hamada would be dead last on the firearms I would ever shoot list.

I'm not an attorney but return policy nuances like 3 days from item recieved gets really blurry. 3 days from when the FFL recieves? 3 days from the transfer? I personally would expect 3 days from the transfer because there is a documented transaction taking place that says this pistol came into my possession on this day. But what do I know? Reminds me of commonwealth hiding insane return hoops to jump through under the additional info tab.

I just looked at the listing on his website. The photos definitely show the safety. None of them are dead on of the safety though. I mean if I was dropping 25k on a pistol I feel as though I would have noticed.
    I agree on the safety comment , buyer should have seen and questioned that 1st off . As for the inspection period my understanding is from time the buyer receives item is start of inspection period , not FFL as implied by SCHLOCKMEISTER Pre98 . See You in court would be my reply !!!! .

When I sell an items the inspection period starts when purchaser takes possesion of item !!!

Bad BMI Scotty needs to get his teeth knocked out. What a POS.
    Looking for 10" cleaning rod, early style e/214 #91, nazi style e/26 #04

If you guys don't mind me asking what happened in this deal? Can't access the link I'm not a member on that forum.
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

Sold some guy a “functional 25k jap handgun” turned out to be inoperable, incomplete with fake parts.
    Looking for 10" cleaning rod, early style e/214 #91, nazi style e/26 #04

Okay now that makes sense now. But what can we expect from somebody like Fat Scotty. I mean seriously he took a real SS Depot conversion Gew98 to k98k rifle and enchanced it with fake bolt numbers. He ruined a nice armorer's bolt in the process. And then sold a first production 98 Erfurt carbine that originally had holes drilled into the receiver. Had the holes filled, and numbers re-stamped on the receiver. But when he sold it called it all original and untouched.
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

Zorba The Great

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianAR View Post
    Sold some guy a “functional 25k jap handgun” turned out to be inoperable, incomplete with fake parts.
    Oh and he's refusing a refund because his policy is three days upon receipt, but the FFL didn't release the firearm to the customer immediately, so the three days had passed before the guy got hands on them item.

The icing on this cake is the claim he fired the pistol. With no sear and no striker spring.

Last summer I sold a Garand to a nice man in another state and shipped it to his FFL. In early September I messaged the buyer to see if he got the rifle and to make sure he was happy with it. He said it was waiting for him at the FFL and that he had been too busy to get it. In late December he sent me a message that he got the rifle and he was happy--no problems. I was a little bothered that it took him 3 or 4 months to pick up the rifle. If he had wanted to get a refund, I probably would have done it, but there should be some responsibility on the buyers part to be a little more diligent than that.