Third Party Press
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1917 Erfurt Kar98a sells for $5,525.00?

Default 1917 Erfurt Kar98a sells for $5,525.00?

The most commonly found kar98a on the market and the largest production too. Wow just wow folks. That has got to be a record. Nice carbine but still why over $5,000? Hope the buyer is happy with his purchase.

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/892611704
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

Is amazing Warrior. Every time we think we have seen it all another comes in at another grand or more. More than one 98k has sold for over $5000 not far back on Gunbroker.

It's absurd-- i have one in comparable condition that i paid about 1300 for. Seems like two fools fighting for a relatively common rifle. I can see maybe 2500 given condition, but twice that? no way.

It would be crazy if a guy like me paid $5K for a WWI or WWII service rifle, but I think a lot of the people who do this drive a Maybach and drink tea with their pinky extended.

A few years ago my wife told me about a kid who received a new Lamborghini for his birthday, and immediately smashed it up because his dad bought the wrong color.

Mama didn’t raise a quitter. Props to the winner for becoming forum lore.
    I no longer listen to what people say, I just watch what they do. Behavior never lies. - Winston Churchill

It is absurd, but good for Nick, - and Bob Jensen, they are friends and has sold a great many rifles used in Backboner, perhaps that was the appeal, I hope Bob shares in the price. I haven't spoken to Bob in years, I hope he is well.

Though twice its value might cause a pretty unpleasant hangover.

While the gun is very nice, it seems gunbroker is filled with people who have more money that sense.

Agreed it was a beautiful carbine in wonderful condition. I do wish I could have seen the barrel code of it though for the data. Hope both parties are happy in the end. But it does amaze me when something like this sells for 5000 plus dollars. I personally wonder if the two bidders even did any research at all? But I highly doubt it I agree with the more money than sense statement. I remember a new member here last year spent well over $20,000 on rifles on GunBroker in less than a month. He had no clue what to look for just wanted them.
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

One of the bidders is currently bidding on a reblued Gew 91 right now described as “Original finish”

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cj556 View Post
    One of the bidders is currently bidding on a reblued Gew 91 right now described as “Original finish”
    Yeah it's nuts. I sometimes follow the 'bidder chain' to see what other nonsense is connected. I find 'Ramalama41' who has multiple Fs and some Cs yet somehow still retains an A+ overall rating??? I guess multiple non-paying buyer reviews don't factor for much?? While I'm not saying I don't believe this auction, at that price until the money has changed hands I'm skeptical. Again, not my money.
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"