Third Party Press

Tan rco44 and arr4 Rg.34 kits

CanadianAR

Canadian Grizzly Eh
Staff member
Just completed these by finding some unmarked tools that fit the time frame and maker. Both have twisted wife chains and later type oilers. Note the fat spout in the arr4. The maker marking on the arr is so faint, forgive the photo editing to make it visible

EDE13EB7-2E8F-403E-9B64-7C8CF83A9FF8.jpgD5D7B632-7B3D-470E-8506-1A620DC0A902.jpgE1C3282B-0373-48B9-96EE-DF2DB4BB4098.jpg78111EC0-148A-4A52-BBE6-6208F68C45F9.jpgD7ABCBF3-7FD5-498C-A484-38FB63C3F583.jpg6C6150F3-747E-46D6-A7FB-D5D7B24E40C9.jpgF41BF776-ABAD-4D65-B8B9-D69588E0CC5E.jpg

Although maybe Nigromontanus is right, very nice kits and also a good job!
Thanks for showing us these kits!

Antoni

Just completed these by finding some unmarked tools that fit the time frame and maker...QUOTE]

IMHO finding decent, original HKWs is an unenviable task for any Rg34 enthusiast...yet you seem to have found the missing fountain of tools...care to share where???

Can anyone say for sure which wire chains started and ended at a certain time? As far as I’ve seen that can’t be said with certainly. I think to say chains were unilaterally one type at a given time in kits made of subcontracted parts would be wrong. My blue arr4 which was found intact with all the correct parts, has the paper clip style chain end, which shows non linear use.

Last edited:
Just completed these by finding some unmarked tools that fit the time frame and maker...QUOTE]

IMHO finding decent, original HKWs is an unenviable task for any Rg34 enthusiast...yet you seem to have found the missing fountain of tools...care to share where???

I got lucky finding some in mixed up kits. Haha that’s about it I still need one more.

Can anyone say for sure which wire chains started and ended at a certain time? As far as I’ve seen that can’t be said with certainly. I think to say chains were unilaterally one type at a given time in kits made of subcontracted parts would be wrong. My blue arr4 which was found intact with all the correct parts, has the paper clip style chain end, which shows non linear use.

Yes, I can.

How? Do you have period documentation? Why does my earlier kit have the later
Type? What type of proof is there it set these rules for tins filled with subcontracted items and not in house Braunschweig filled kits

Last edited:
Well “yes I can” is a pretty useless answer. I have been studying and am open to learn but from what I see there are two configurations to these things. One being filled with subcontracted items. and others following a more rigid lay out such as arr44 tools, and rco45 marked
Tools with blackened chains etc.

So from the mint unused rco44 or 45 kit yea this doesn’t fit those parameters but how can you possibly mail down a rigid timeline for subcontracted pieces tossed into cans?

I would appreciate a real explanation,

This forum was built on the purpose of learning and discovery, you can ask the founders. If you make claims you should be willing to back it up with some data. Not just claims.

Explain what your data shows and how we know the kits you bought were original to factory? As I said I’m only trying to learn and just saying, “wrong cause only I know why” is not conducive to furthering the hobby.

Last edited:
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Military Rifle Journal
Back