Third Party Press

What do we think?

Sauer_Kraut

I came across this rifle on one of the collectors sites. No were does he claim this is an original high turret, but he does want 5k Canadian. Stock and bands do not match, but everything else does. He says there is a wa135 stamp on the rear base, but it is not pictured. Not looking to buy this as the price is pretty high and I am building my own. Just curious on your thoughts about this rifle. Could it possibly be a sporter HT put into a new stock?

Attachments

• Possible HT.jpg
    Possible HT.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 80
  • Possible HT2.jpg
    Possible HT2.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 92
  • Possible HT3.jpg
    Possible HT3.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 80
  • Possible HT4.jpg
    Possible HT4.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Possible HT5.jpg
    Possible HT5.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 117
  • Possible HT6.jpg
    Possible HT6.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
I don't claim to be an expert but did do a bit of research when a scopeless turret was up for auction near me.

I think it is not originally a sniper as it is lacking the additional stamp on the receiver.

It is tough to judge from these pictures, but would you drop 5k on a rifle with such poor pictures? He should be able to supply more pictures.

The scope is a commercial scope, it has focal adjustment and lacks the rain shield. Hence at least this one is not an original sniper scope anyway. They however look to be well made. Maybe the mounts are Spielauer reproduction mounts, he sold them with the WaA135 at the rear what would explain why this rifle has the acceptance on the rear base but lacks the acceptance stamp on the receiver.

The folks on that site chose not to call it an original sniper for obvious reasons. Mounts seem to be repro and scope is incorrect. That’s probably a $5k clone. Pretty sad if you ask me... cuz they clearly know

Last edited:
Most likely a Robert Spielauer Combo Set . This exact Combination Scope and Rings was one of Robert`s best sellers and a staple of his offerings .

Military Rifle Journal
Back