Third Party Press

Original Waffen SS Panzer Uniform

DaveDavis

This uniform is 100% real, right down to the brown diensthemd and black tie / purchased from Turk rag pickers in Germany 1981.

Some Waffen SS units issued cuff titles as a matter of course.

Others required that you prove yourself as a worthy soldier, and comrade, before you received the right to wear the unit cuff title.

Attachments

• thumbnail-12.jpg
    thumbnail-12.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 135
  • thumbnail-16.jpg
    thumbnail-16.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 172
  • thumbnail-24.jpg
    thumbnail-24.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 142
  • CIMG7542.jpg
    CIMG7542.jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 142
  • CIMG7543.jpg
    CIMG7543.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Ob's Sturmt Oder schneit... Ob die sonne uns lacht... dass Uniform bekommt immer die Stiefel ah stampfen!! Gut gemacht Dave!

I have to know: What's a rag picker??

The Germans were into recycling long before we were. They brought in Turks to do work they did not want to do. They still live and work in Germany. The term is Gastarbeiter.

The Turks worked in the clothing recycling centers, hence the term rag pickers. They scoured the discarded clothing for anything that looked valuable, and resold their pickings at the flea markets in the larger cities, like Frankfurt.

I once bought 30 pairs of nice WW2 German boots for 10 marks each. The good old days !!!!!!!!

Got it, thanks. I'd heard of Gastarbeiters since the 1970's but didn't know the picker term.

Good times, indeed. Sounds like it was a great time to be there.

Best,
Pat

Got it, thanks. I'd heard of Gastarbeiters since the 1970's but didn't know the picker term.

Good times, indeed. Sounds like it was a great time to be there.

Best,
Pat

Other than living in fear that the Red Army would attempt to break in "THE BIG PX" as we called West Germany, and trigger WW III, it was not a bad tour of duty.....

most of the large german city's have these flea markets , in my two trips in 1990 & 2004 I picked up original east german & wartime firearms manuals and some east german clothing items. dare I say a few other goodies

I am always Leary of SS items or Nazi items due to all the fraud revolving thee items

good purchase,

SS anything is a risk unless you are extremely cautious.

In the 1980s there was a lot less fakery going on, and East European crap was not flowing freely to the West.

Military Rifle Journal
Back