Third Party Press

.22 Erma insert for K98

You’ll see in previous threads that I had one of these stuck in a rifle I bought recently. I got the sucker out, but the barrel is bulged, and the rifling is blown out underneath it. The rest of the kit is still good(bolt, magazine etc.) and was wondering what my chances are of finding a barreled receiver .22 insert, short of buying a whole new kit. If you have ever seen one pop up, or maybe have an extra one(or an extra kit - I might just go ahead and look for one), let me know. Funny I actually saw this twice in 1 week, one with a 1903 barreled receiver, and now this. A bummer for sure but it happens. Thanks for any help.

was wondering what my chances are of finding a barreled receiver .22 insert, short of buying a whole new kit.

Y'know, I started thinking about this when you first posted. Redman's could probably fit one of their precision .22 barrel liners to that insert, and you'd never be able to tell the difference! I've sent Randall tougher jobs than that, and he does amazing work. Reasonable too, if you don't mind waiting.

Website is redmansrifling.com, but I'd try to get him on the phone.

Richie

You’ll see in previous threads that I had one of these stuck in a rifle I bought recently. I got the sucker out, but the barrel is bulged, and the rifling is blown out underneath it. The rest of the kit is still good(bolt, magazine etc.) and was wondering what my chances are of finding a barreled receiver .22 insert, short of buying a whole new kit. If you have ever seen one pop up, or maybe have an extra one(or an extra kit - I might just go ahead and look for one), let me know. Funny I actually saw this twice in 1 week, one with a 1903 barreled receiver, and now this. A bummer for sure but it happens. Thanks for any help.

Check out what I found: :thumbsup:

https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...on-barrel-for-mauser-k98.cfm?gun_id=101541836

Military Rifle Journal
Back