Third Party Press

Mauser G24 (t) / Current Value

Wolfland

I have this old Mauser. My understanding is that this gun was made in Czechoslovakia under Nazi occupation.
Bolt and receiver are matching. What would be a reasonable price for sale in the current US market ?

Thanks

stock.jpg
G24 4.jpgG24 3.jpg
G24 1.jpg
G24 6.jpg

Metal work

Is the reciever painted or blued? The metal condition doesn't appear to match the furniture, nice looking rifle regardless.

Does the stock match?

Original production did not number the floor plate nor bands... perhaps post war re purposing, re-bluing?

Watched the video...

Cool... the orig worn rust blue.... is "converted" & "refurbed" by steaming and then carded with a wire wheel.... The process was impressive for sure! ,,,, sounds like a re-blue to me.

Was a dou 41 originally even rust blued?

Last edited:
Watched the video...

Cool... the orig worn rust blue.... is "converted" & "refurbed" by steaming and then carded with a wire wheel.... The process was impressive for sure! ,,,, sounds like a re-blue to me.

Was a dou 41 originally even rust blued?

Negative, the process simply lifts the active rust to the surface for removal via soft carding. Doesn’t touch or add to original finish.

Negative, the process simply lifts the active rust to the surface for removal via soft carding. Doesn’t touch or add to original finish.

Moreover, the "wire wheel" is extremely soft - like he touches it with his bare hand. You could used any sort of brush but the set up in the video is faster.

Warning ! The first time you do it, don't freak out when you see your gun coming out from the boiling tank.

These are 2 photos from my first experience

Pre

1.jpg

Final product

2.jpg

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal
Back