Third Party Press

Mauser G24 (t) / Value

Wolfland

I have this old Mauser. My understanding is that this gun was made in Czechoslovakia under Nazi occupation.
Bolt and receiver are matching. What would be a reasonable price for sale in the current US market ?

ThanksG24 1.jpg
1.jpg
stock.jpg
G24 3.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg

It was produced in independent Slovakia in 1941, the piece is mostly reblued, question is there any letter under serial? bolt should be matching, but we dont see details, the buttstock should be too,When early production the buttstock should be normal Vz.24 probably is possible it was refitted by germans? WaA607 should be on metall and wood.

I saw the photos on Gunboards. From those it looks like the bolt may have been scrubbed and forced matched. Also, the barrel looks to have been replaced since it now has a banded front sight base with a hood slot. I would think the stock would be numbered on the bottom edge of the buttstock. Sanding may have erased any stock markings though. Hard to say how much is original German rework, and how much may be later additions, making it harder to estimate value on a rifle like this with the mentioned issues.

It was produced in independent Slovakia in 1941, the piece is mostly reblued, question is there any letter under serial? bolt should be matching, but we dont see details, the buttstock should be too,When early production the buttstock should be normal Vz.24 probably is possible it was refitted by germans? WaA607 should be on metall and wood.

Thanks Andy,

Unfortunately, when I got the gun the stock was sanded and the only 2 marks I found were an M in the wrist and a Z . No other visible markings that I can see.
The Rifle is Not Re-blued. I personally converted the patina "rust" back to original blue with nothing else other than steam. So the bluing is original ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62_pKoYje9o)
Interesting the bolt has 2 serial number in the handle one on top and one on the other sight.

Thanks for you input guys

Last edited:
The bolt is reblued it could be done in war or postwar, i dont known, for this speaks what Stan mentioned its force matched,about the details of buttstock a correct buttstock should be Eagle/H, WaA607 twice or more stamped same as serialed, when sanded out it should be some remains of stamps on handgrip visible?, it looks more like german reworked older Vz.24 buttstock? wout detailed pictures is nothing more to say.

I think the code is an engraved fake, as well as serial, side rail and other things. As pointed out, has a lot of inconsistencies, but the code is the biggie. I've seen complete engraved fakes before and it seems clear you own one. Below are original dou41 markings. Compare your "41" to this one.

Attachments

• 9966708_2.jpg
    9966708_2.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 97
I think the code is an engraved fake, as well as serial, side rail and other things. As pointed out, has a lot of inconsistencies, but the code is the biggie. I've seen complete engraved fakes before and it seems clear you own one. Below are original dou41 markings. Compare your "41" to this one.

100% spot on !!!!!!

Interesting-- there was a scrubbed and re-stamped one about 2 years ago that i bought based on bad pics-- i promptly sent back for a full refund. Seems folks have moved from humping SNs on bolts to faking receiver markings-- clearly they don't care about the ATF....:facepalm:

another difference

comparing Mike’s photo to the similar from the OP, note the missing radius of the OP’s rifle, at the rear edge of the front receiver ring.......square corner vs obvious radius, methinks some metal may have been removed....

Military Rifle Journal
Back