Third Party Press

My Great Uncles Sterbekunde

Rutche

I can read and speak German, but can someone help me with military designations such as what is an Ersatz-Truppe. on that same line is another thing im not sure of is that an erk.=M, and the unit underneath.

48724_6913_0567-01433.jpg

He really did pass away in an unfortunate way.

Im trying to read up on it, im assuming its more of a training unit preparing an individual for combat?

Thanks Amberg, i know his brother (my Great Grandfather) was also in the Waffen SS i just cant find his documents, might need to contact the German ministry thing

Very little is known about the Blenheim disaster.
The Blenheim was a captured Norwegian steamer, built in 1923.
Eight Norwegian crew members died and the surviving crew members accused German soldiers of setting the ship on fire. The Germans, on the other hand, accused the Norwegians of having been responsible for the fire. They never found out, what exactly happened.

Seems like you know quite a lot about the Blenheim, did you study it before my post, or did you research just now. I found some sites, but not a lot of info like you said

No, I did not know anything about the Blenheim disaster before your post. I simply wanted to find out more about the circumstances.

BTW:
Your Great Uncle found his final resting place in Botn-Rognan, Norway. Endgrablage: Block B Grab 1177
https://kriegsgraeberstaetten.volksbund.de/friedhof/botn-rognan

If you want to find out more about his military life, you can order copies from his personal files in our Federal Archive.
R 9361-III/127735
Martens, Ernst
Bestandsbezeichnung: Sammlung Berlin Document Center (BDC): Personenbezogene Unterlagen der SS und SA

Wow Vielen Dank!!, How do i go about doing this, i've been reading some posts people telling me i should do this. Can i email a request or do i need to mail it, also how long would it take and how much does it cost. I need to send some requests for information for multiple family members, might find some interesting stuff. I think one of my Great Grandfathers was in the Cavalry. I also have a Krankenblatt from my other Great Grandfather, Dated May 1945 Austria

You can email your requests.
Have a look through this:
https://www.bundesarchiv.de/EN/Cont...-militaerische-unterlagen-persbezogen-en.html

It can easily take a year to get information/documents from our Federal Archives. Their fees seem to be moderate.
The costs depend on their efforts. About $16 per half an hour of research.
All people I talked to about this matter, said it was well worth the money and the time waiting for the reply.

PS: Seems that he was married to Juliane, neè Jansen. Born October 19th, 1914 in Lunden.

Last edited:
Wow thats awesome! Thanks for the Information! ill try to send in some requests this weekend! Maybe I can find info on his Brother Walter Martens.

Thank You for everything! I filled out all the documents, and have scanned them with an ID, I will send them through Email soon!

Military Rifle Journal
Back