Third Party Press

Weimar bolt body manufacturers

Gerst

I have found a dealer who has four Weimar bolt bodies, stripped, with Weimar eagles and acceptance numbers which are not WaA codes. The numbers: 7, 77, 92, 211. Does anyone know which factories used these numbers?

Proofs

I’ve been looking everywhere for Weimar proof marks. Please point me in the right direction!

I have found a dealer who has four Weimar bolt bodies, stripped, with Weimar eagles and acceptance numbers which are not WaA codes. The numbers: 7, 77, 92, 211. Does anyone know which factories used these numbers?

You are asking questions only a few can answer, you will find no answers on a casual search...

WaA7 is not likely, probably misread or interpreted.
WaA77 is ERMA or SDP-Radom, neither Weimar (Republic)
WaA92 could be WMO, but not Weimar, typically this is in the box format, but WaA does exist (from recollection, not sure on bolt bodies)
WaA211 is Mauser Berlin, probably early WMO also, could have to check trends.

Anyway, none of these are really Republican era in the traditional sense, technically the Republic did exist after Hitler took power, some might say until Hindenburg died, but however you view the political aspects, what collectors view the break is between the end of the 98b and the introduction of the 98k, which is 1933-1934 (it is probable the 98b wasn't made after 1931-1932, though the S28's are difficult to date, anyway none of these are pre-98k acceptance.

You are asking questions only a few can answer, you will find no answers on a casual search...

WaA7 is not likely, probably misread or interpreted.
WaA77 is ERMA or SDP-Radom, neither Weimar (Republic)
WaA92 could be WMO, but not Weimar, typically this is in the box format, but WaA does exist (from recollection, not sure on bolt bodies)
WaA211 is Mauser Berlin, probably early WMO also, could have to check trends.

Anyway, none of these are really Republican era in the traditional sense, technically the Republic did exist after Hitler took power, some might say until Hindenburg died, but however you view the political aspects, what collectors view the break is between the end of the 98b and the introduction of the 98k, which is 1933-1934 (it is probable the 98b wasn't made after 1931-1932, though the S28's are difficult to date, anyway none of these are pre-98k acceptance.

https://www.brpguns.com/k98-parts/

This is the seller. Four bolts are listed as Weimar. I was unable to attach their photos. Unfortunately none of their pictures include the bottom of the bolt handle, only the front and top. What do you think?

I have lists of WaA numbers and factories but I don’t think they include Weimar numbers.

Early Lower Band e/16 marked

https://www.brpguns.com/k98-parts/

This is the seller. Four bolts are listed as Weimar. I was unable to attach their photos. Unfortunately none of their pictures include the bottom of the bolt handle, only the front and top. What do you think?

I have lists of WaA numbers and factories but I don’t think they include Weimar numbers.

Has anyone looked at the Weimar bolts in the attached link?

I have been offered a lower band, the type with the curved outer “loop,” which has a droop-wing eagle and the number 16. Which manufacturer would have made it?

Has anyone looked at the Weimar bolts in the attached link?

Yeah I did and they're not. I had looked at many of them earlier when they put all those bolt bodies up. Take this one for example, I'd say it's probably a '36 or maybe early '37 MO bolt body. https://www.brpguns.com/weimar-63-k98k-bolt-body-german-ww2-stripped-very-good-condition/

They also claim all the serials are original but won't give you a close, clear or direct look at them but I'm pretty sure they're not original. They might be but...

Military Rifle Journal
Back