Third Party Press

zf-41 scope questions

stuckus

I recently acquired a zf-41 scope that looks authentic to me. I am not educated on them, so I may be mistaken about it. I would welcome any comments about the scope. Also, I have some questions:

Is it worth it to hold onto it until I find a rifle for it, making a put-together mismatched rife? I would prefer an original rifle with the original scope. I assume the original rifle for this scope is gone for good.

Can this scope be used and sighted in (assuming it is complete and not broken--it looks to be all there, optics may be decent...) and the rifle fired? Do people shoot rifles with these scopes on them?

Another member will be posting the photos for me. Thanks in advance for any for any comments or suggestions.

Jack

I believe the makers code of cxn is the only code for the scopes that the repros use. So anything else you’re prob good. But even if it is, could still be good. Scopes were not numbered to rifles but the mounts were. Find yourself a rifle. They’re really cool. I have a matching byf44 and I’ve shot it out to 500 yards. Get yourself the adjustment tools off eBay. It’s one of the biggest PITA scopes to zero

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pics for jack

Attachments

• 82EE667E-091E-47F2-9AE7-6AE344FEB3A6.jpg
    82EE667E-091E-47F2-9AE7-6AE344FEB3A6.jpg
    381.5 KB · Views: 60
  • EB712BC2-FFF8-4DA0-BC5D-D59DA77F2ACF.jpg
    EB712BC2-FFF8-4DA0-BC5D-D59DA77F2ACF.jpg
    358 KB · Views: 85
  • 583BEDDF-53B8-4BE0-81EC-ADB22A3FD166.jpg
    583BEDDF-53B8-4BE0-81EC-ADB22A3FD166.jpg
    380.1 KB · Views: 71
Thanks, Bigdibbs88 for helping with the photos. Thanks also, Sport, for the comments. It does seem like it would be hard to zero. If I ever got it on a rifle, I would need a lesson on using it.

I am not a fan of the rifle serial number on the mount. It does not look like any I have seen. Not the number on the front rain shield. But the mount looks like an original.

Hello, the scope is a copy. The mount is original. the cxn code was the only code copied. these copied scope are very characteristic.

Thank you all for the information and assessments. It looks like I have a reproduction scope with an authentic/original mount with questionable numbers.

I really appreciate the help.

Jack

Military Rifle Journal
Back