Third Party Press

WW2 German Grave Marker

GetFuzzy2

Greetings, I came into the grave marker about 20 years from the Veterans family who informed me their father worked for graves registry in Europe during and post WW2. The marker reads "Panz Gren / Rudolf Keller / 2.II.26 + 13. V. 45 / 32/d". Rudolf Keller was born on February 2, 1926 and past away on April 13, 1945 and he was a Soldier in a Panzer Grenadier in the 32nd division and died from his wounds after VE Day. Not being the worlds best researcher I was able to find some information on Rudolf Keller on German Graves Registry, such as where he was born, Helenenthal outside of Vienna Austria, and his passing in Linz Austria. I can not figure out the 32nd Panzer Division, the only two I found was the 32nd SS Freiwilligen which surrender to the Americans near Berlin and the 32nd Infantry Division which surrendered to the Soviets on the Baltic Coast in Poland. So non of then near Austria, I am trying to find more information about Soldat Keller and any information will be a great help. Also I can only assume the grave maker I have was a temporary till the soldier's final interment.

"If this post is seen in bad taste please remove"

God Bless

Attachments

• IMG_5294.jpg
    IMG_5294.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5293.jpg
    IMG_5293.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_5273.jpg
    IMG_5273.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 67
Where did you find the information about his unit?

Rudolf Keller found his final resting place here:
http://www.denkmalprojekt.org/2016/linz-fh-st-barbara-denkmal-wk2-oberoesterreich.html
http://www.denkmalprojekt.org/2016/linz-fh-st-barbara-soldatengraeber-oberoesterreich-wk2.html

PS: the 32/d on the marker has nothing to do with the unit. It is/was the location of his grave on the cemetery.
You can write to the cemetery administration and ask if they have more information about Rudolf Keller in their memorial book. They might have information from his dog tag or the Soldbuch.

Last edited:
Thank you I inferred the 32/d to be 32nd Division. Thanks for the great help and the knowledge.

God Bless

Military Rifle Journal
Back