Third Party Press

BCD G43 a block

mdarnell19

Beavis Moderator
Staff member
Just picked up this bcd from a friend and thought you all might like to see it. Decent combat carried looking rifle (stock is a little worn and trigger guard rough). Bore is in great shape. Initially I thought the right side of the butt stock had initials but when you look closer you can see it is just scratches. The lower acceptance stamps is double struck. I always liked the small eagle stamp in the sling cut out on bcds. Tried to take pictures of the circle v parts for you data guys. Came with the avx mag, sling, manual and spare parts. Hope you all enjoy.

bcd G43 a block (1).jpgbcd G43 a block (2).jpgbcd G43 a block (3).jpgbcd G43 a block (4).jpgbcd G43 a block (5).jpgbcd G43 a block (6).jpgbcd G43 a block (7).jpgbcd G43 a block (8).jpgbcd G43 a block (9).jpgbcd G43 a block (10).jpgbcd G43 a block (11).jpgbcd G43 a block (12).jpgbcd G43 a block (13).jpgbcd G43 a block (14).jpgbcd G43 a block (15).jpgbcd G43 a block (16).jpgbcd G43 a block (17).jpgbcd G43 a block (18).jpgbcd G43 a block (19).jpgbcd G43 a block (20).jpg

+ what Jory said. Those stock stamps look excellent, especially for laminate. Looks like a really nice pickup. Congrats!

bcd43

A lot of history with these rifles.
A true camp assembled G43.

Excellent example. That stock is outstanding—-the markings are so crisp. I have a Gustloff a block too. What is the meaning of the circle v as my rifle has those as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are SUPER hard to find! Rarely do you see a correct one and even rarer does one come up for sale. I never thought I would own one but one loosened up from a collection and then a second one came along......never thought I would own one, much less two.

My listings kind of show how rare:

Walther reported rifles: 183 pages
BLM reported rifles: 114 pages
Gustloff reported rifles: 20 pages

It should be noted that it just depends on how much info/history I have on rifles as to how many rifles are on a page. One page might be full of rifles. The next page may have half the number because of all the info I was able to gather.

First report on this one from my listings. The only two rifles around this one are two reported on Espeholt’s data base. And they are a hundred apart both ways.

Kind of a harder to find mag with it too.

One of mine is real close to yours; G.43 bcd #9768a.

Thanks for sharing and excellent photos!

Last edited:
Wow loving those stamps, especially the SN—you don’t see them that crisp very often—and the metal up top is great too... ON A BCD G43 to boot! Not much heavy wear on the high spots so if it was in the field it I don’t think was there long. A great find is finding any “early” g/k43 in this kind of condition, it being a bcd makes it all that much rarer—just look at what Tiger said.

I don’t know what you whispered into the owner’s ear but it must’ve been pretty good to pry this one out of their hands. Don’t lie, I bet all the ladies love you with all your sweet talkin’ skillz.

The owner probably said “you owe me money”. Nice bcd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the comments guys. I was lucky to pick this one up.

Tiger, yes this one is very close in serial number to the a block rifle I sold you. They have a lot in common.

Thanks for the comments guys. I was lucky to pick this one up.

Tiger, yes this one is very close in serial number to the a block rifle I sold you. They have a lot in common.

I was looking closer at the two and they absolutely do. Probably assembled a few days apart.

I was looking closer at the two and they absolutely do. Probably assembled a few days apart.

Yeah that's super cool. We've also seen posted K98ks here that were probably 'on the line' right next to each other. Fasinating stuff.

Military Rifle Journal
Back