Third Party Press

Thread: Hello all!

Default Hello all!

Hello, my name is Bill Iíve havenít been collecting too long, maybe since 2016 or so and they are not expensive German rifles and pistols (Late to the game) Anyways, I picked up an all matching DWM Luger recently and fell in love with it. Now, Iím looking into a DOU 1944 Mod98 which I know was made in Czechoslovakia plus Iíve been doing major research on it and come to find out, these rifles are as crazy to understand as the Lugers.

Them being faked and parts not matching so on an so fourth. Please excuse my ignorance to anything I said above for I am a student, and Iím trying to learn and I havenít been around the collecting world for too long. I did buy and Iím waiting on a book called ďBackbone of the Wehrmacht The German K98k rifleĒ so that plus you guys can hopefully help me on my journey. Welp I hope introduced myself properly, have a great day!

Welcome Bill!

BBoTW is okay, but it can't come CLOSE to providing you with the depth of information you'll find in Karabiner 98k, Volume II. If your interest in learning about Nazi-era variants is even the least bit serious, I would highly recommend that you click on the masthead at the top of this page, and order that magnificent two-volume set before they're gone.

All the best!

Richie

Quote Originally Posted by R.W. Parker View Post
    Welcome Bill!

BBoTW is okay, but it can't come CLOSE to providing you with the depth of information you'll find in Karabiner 98k, Volume II. If your interest in learning about Nazi-era variants is even the least bit serious, I would highly recommend that you click on the masthead at the top of this page, and order that magnificent two-volume set before they're gone.

All the best!

Richie
    Edit: I decided to buy the book you told me to. It’s clear I will save a ton of money doing my proper research. Also, do you know when the book will ship out, if you’re are involved in the processing of it of course. Thank you for the info.

I figured that book I bought wouldn’t be up-to-date since it was only revised in 93. I wish I found this site before finding that book that I bought. Sad reality to this all is that I know I’m very late to the game and with all the info out there, I’ll most likely never find a good deal anymore, for an all matching early war kar98k or any Kar98 But I guess I can dream. Thanks for the welcome.
    Last edited by RaizeR125; 04-05-2021 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Going to be buying the book.