Third Party Press
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: weimar stamp on menz dsm34

Smile

Hi

yes I understand. no more teasing. I will post pictures of it very sonn. need to get back home first and take some shots and upload them.

Brgds
    SH

Quote Originally Posted by WreckTangle View Post
    After research I agree. We need to see lots of pics... no more teasing! You don't see as many Menz rifles as others, as they didn't make as many as other makers. To have it marked makes it that much more rare.

------------------

You might want to carefully take the action and barrel out of the stock and look at the bottom of the barrel and see if there are any marks. Also, anything on the grip area? Anything on the buttstock plate? Does the the bolt have a Serial Number on it and if so is it numbered to the rifle?
    Hi

here some pictures of it. enjoy. :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Wow that's some beautiful Elm furniture there! I love the way the grain 'flows', especially on the road side. What a great piece and now it just seems even more like a steal. Congrats and thanks for sharing this rare piece. (I'd never heard of August Menz outside tiny pistols)
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"

Quote Originally Posted by heavy_mech View Post
    (I'd never heard of August Menz outside tiny pistols)
    You need Simpson's and Guigues' trainer books, Mech!

Richie

Hi

Anyone with an idea about the price on these rifles ?

brgds
    SH

Quote Originally Posted by heavy_mech View Post
    Wow that's some beautiful Elm furniture there! I love the way the grain 'flows', especially on the road side. What a great piece and now it just seems even more like a steal. Congrats and thanks for sharing this rare piece. (I'd never heard of August Menz outside tiny pistols)
    Hi

yes I also like the way the wood looks to me. I only gave it a little oil as it looked a bit dry. never touched it with anyting but a soft cloth an som oil. I will take out on the range to day and put a few rounds through it at 50 mtrs. only
    shot it at a 100 mtrs, and it makes nice groups. the bore is bright and shiny with no spots.

brgds
    SH

That is a very cool DSM, thx for sharing!