Third Party Press

First post

mrfarb

No War Eagles For You!
Staff member
So - good idea? Bad Idea? Lets hear it.

We are going to focus on reworked Lugers. The factory production is well developed in the Luger world. I say we focus on the reworks. Thoughts?

In fact, first up - fresh road kill - SS Lugers

Let the Revolution begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the idea. With you as our "pathetic" leader, we should do sort of ok.

I have a lot to learn as well, which is the sign of a good collector. I know a lot about K98k reworks and the depot system, its a small stretch to extend that to Lugers. I have a few too, some neat ones. As I get time I'll post some things in the discussions.

We have a few other longtime 98k guys who have some great pistols. Here is my short list of what I think we should work on:

SS Lugers - aka deathshead Lugers

Kü Lugers -

WW2 Depot Lugers -

Anybody have some work to be done here?

Mainstreaming DH Lugers to the point where they aren’t dismissed as outright fakes or belonging to flamethrower units would be an accomplishment in itself.

Not sure if anyone is interested but there has been no work down on imperial depot reworks as well. We’ve seen WWI rifle reworks, Nazi era rifle reworks, Nazi era pistol reworks. I refuse to believe that there isn’t a WWI counterpart for Lugers. How these are distinguished is another matter.

Last edited:
Wish I could help but my commie shithole country deemed the Luger more lethal then other better pistols in the same caliber. Lmao. I’ll follow along as I’m sure some great stuff will be posted!

This is a great idea, to bring the kind of research and scrutiny to the Luger as has already been brought to bear on the K98. It will be interesting to participate in this not only for the understanding and information but also for the purpose of weeding out the fakes and frauds.

I must admit a sick pleasure in collecting BAD death’s heads too, so the SS marked guns will be of particular interest.

Sent from my top secret official Bunker of the Order of the Def’s Hed.

Hey I like it Mike, I would love to start learning lugers, there are many reasons I never really got into them, so I am way behind.

Can we add wartime commercial reworks to the list, these interest me!? The Frankenschloss reworks and such.

Can we add wartime commercial reworks to the list, these interest me!? The Frankenschloss reworks and such.

Sounds like we have a volunteer to research wartime commercials!

I think looking into any oddball stuff that isn't "factory" is a good idea. Factory stuff is established and boring, so not much to mine there really (except maybe HK which is kind of a mess).

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I agree, get after it! We are going to cover all reworks. I have several to add.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's a great idea. The existing Luger communities seem to be hung up on keeping the Luger on a pedestal as an iconic item. They refuse to let it's legacy be tarnished by the notion of non-factory wartime sanctioned reworks.

Interesting take which I hadn’t considered. They do hate the image to be tarnished by 94% guns and reworks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Military Rifle Journal
Back