Third Party Press
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G43 Wood Repair Question

Quote Originally Posted by mauser99 View Post
    I have a cut up stock at home. Let me look to see what's left of it.
    Thanks for the effort..

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger 2 Tank View Post
    Iím sorry but I donít have any suggestions for your project. I was wondering if I could get the serial number and the maker and year code? I have an extensive G/K.43 listing on each maker and I was wondering if I could add this one.
    G43 duv 44. 4561 on receiver. 4658 on bolt

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burke View Post
    Thatís stock is salvageable by the right stock repair folks. Hopefully youíll get a good recommendation in this thread. I have a Walther G41 with a duffel cut on the butt end. It was cut through the sling well/cutout. It was repaired long before I acquired but whoever did it did a very nice job. You have to look hard to see it unless you know where to look, which Iíve told. Of course it was sanded a bit but still a nice save to the original stock. I just live with it. Look closely at the sling cutout/well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is one good looking rifle.. I'm in the camp that can appreciate something that's cleaned up and looks great as well as something that is left totally untouched and you have to allow for that. I do find it funny that people think what we consider "untouched" is how it looked when it left the factory before 75 years of hard use, age, and weather even if no one tried to "clean" it.

Quote Originally Posted by swjXE View Post
    Sounds like this is the "go to " guy.
    Money well spent! I'd sure like to see close ups of his work.
    https://www.k98kforum.com/showthread...ing-back/page2

The repair pictures suck and I must have deleted them. From the side you cannot see a repair even though it was mid-fore end. Top and bottom a hairline repair.

Sadly for most members the guy is in Canada....

I just sent a duffle cut g43 stock to rob apfeltor, it also had a cracked wrist with old screw repair. I saw some of his work amd it looked great.....will post before and after when i get it.