Third Party Press
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My SWP45 sheet metal rear sight

Thanks. Itís strange, I have been looking for years for an SVW45 svwmb and SwP45 and they all came along in the past few months, two from the same seller.

Really nice! I was very happy when I found mine and definitely one of my favorites. These use the last of three different screws with a larger head which explains the deep countersink.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar1 View Post
    Thanks. Itís strange, I have been looking for years for an SVW45 svwmb and SwP45 and they all came along in the past few months, two from the same seller.
    Hey Caesar,
    How's about giving us pics of the SVW45 and svwMB.

Are those screws post war? I thought they were and have some that i could replace them with but wanted to make sure before I did.

there was an older discussion here about the different type of screws used on the dou and dot KM bands. Slotted ,spanner and slotted spanner.

At one point I had a small selection of screws not sure where they are now ???? The late dot44 that was just sold here had slotted spanner type I think ? Late 5 digit dot.
    there are also two different versions of slotted spanner as well.

Just look maybe at the pic sticky or the "book" plenty of examples posted..

Screws and bands seem to be the biggest issue with these late war rifles. Most were taken apart to be shipped back and I'm sure the screws weren't paid much attention as they at just wood screws not know 80 years later we'd be making a federal case out of wood screws and types...LOL

Dot typically put a chamfer on the band to the screw head was more flush than dou and the rest.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mauser99; 04-09-2021 at 12:02 PM.

This Is not uncommon as most rifles are being held up in collections and we all have to wait for this stuff to be let go before good examples show up.. Chuck seems to be shedding most of his collection or just a tiny amount ? I have no clue the size of his hoard..

He might not be happy with what it brought at auction but, that's the risk we all take running no reserve auctions.. Feast or famine there is not rhyme or reason to it.

We all think it should have brought more but, at the end of the day it did not now it resides in another collection for some time to its passed to another... The circle of life.