Third Party Press

Period Correct Gunsmithing

KWS1811

Good Day,

I'm new to the forum and in need of finding a well received/reviewed competent "Mauser-smith." One of my receivers requires a barrel install and head spacing.

All assistance is greatly appreciated.

Best,

KWS1811

Good Day,

I'm new to the forum and in need of finding a well received/reviewed competent "Mauser-smith." One of my receivers requires a barrel install and head spacing.

All assistance is greatly appreciated.

Best,

KWS1811

Speaking out my arse almost every bolt action rifle made in the 20th (and 21st) century is patterned after a Mauser - some almost directly.
Any bolt action competent gunsmith should be able to take care of you. If you get a chance watch him do it. Actually pretty simple concept and in execution; with the right tools of course.

Last edited:
DukeIronHand,

I appreciate the info and you taking the time to entertain my questions.

Best,

KWS1811

moconfed,

Long story short...recently, I traded for a byf 44, L block matching receiver and bolt assembly. I was told the detached barrel accompanying the action was period German...its not.

So, trying to save its soul...currently looking for the appropriate barrel assembly to "match" the gun.

I have to check, not that it matters a great deal, but the receiver may be of a later block.

KWS

Military Rifle Journal
Back