Third Party Press

Walther AC 45 No Letter Block

DWM1915

I have been looking to add a nice AC45 to my G43 collection for some time and in the past month two nice examples came up that I was able to grab. First is a win from Amoskeag, an AC 45 no letter block. I've usually had good luck with Amoskeag, they have a couple of guys that know enough about German rifles you can usually walk through things on the phone to check with them prior to the auction. Still, only four pictures in the auction listing so a bit of a gamble but worked out. Really nice raw, untouched wood with chatter, bolt carrior has the hold open, mix of phosphate and blue, everything matching down to the firing pin holder. Original hood as well and no marks on the front site base so I don't think it's been off since it was installed.

Nick

Pic01.JPGPic02.jpgPic03.jpgPic04.jpgPic05.jpgPic06.JPGPic07.jpgPic08.jpgPic09.jpgPic10.JPGPic11.JPGPic12.JPGPic13.JPGPic14.jpgPic15.JPGPic16.JPGPic17.jpgPic18.jpgPic19.JPGPic20.jpg

very nice Nick, good to see more than 4 photos of this killer... As of what was there this was the best of the bunch IMHO and went for the least amount.. Good for you !

As in our chats no more than 3 days later another turns up and you being the sick bastard you are bought the second and was forced to buy a dot44 to close the deal... LOL inside joke.

Choices im sure you have no regrets doing.. Then your buddies here bailed you out from having to sell internal organs !! LOL :rofl:

Glad to see the one guy who only wanted one G43 when I met him has about ten ! Funny how things like this happen and only we would understand.. Carry on.

Now what ? Early Ac43 ? dont have one of those......

That is a nice one love seeing untouched G/K43 rifles! So scarce to find like that so many have had their stocks sanded or cleaned.

And I know the feeling Mauser99 I only want one K98k!

Now I have like 10 of those and over 15 Gewehrs!

That is a nice one love seeing untouched G/K43 rifles! So scarce to find like that so many have had their stocks sanded or cleaned.

And I know the feeling Mauser99 I only want one K98k!

Now I have like 10 of those and over 15 Gewehrs!

The first step is to admit that you have a problem ;)

Now what ? Early Ac43 ? dont have one of those......

I know, I know, I keep thinking, for no good reason, I need an a block just to finish the set:facepalm:

The wood on both got me, it's soooooo hard to find a G/K43 that the wood hasn't been screwed with, I think a higher percentage than K98's got the bubba treatment

nick

Military Rifle Journal
Back