Third Party Press

Walther AC 45 b block

DWM1915

The second AC 45 I picked up recently was a b block dual lug example. Wood has a nice carried feel to it with great chatter and with raw wood in the sling cutouts and under the scope rail. It's almost entirely phosphate with numbers matching throughout. The firing pin carrior is e/359 proofed but I can't see a number on it, they may have dropped serialing it by this point or it may have just faded. Mag is a late phosphate one as well. The side proof on the stock is exactly like my q block panel cut, I have talked with some other collectors and it seems there is a feeling a curved, keel type proof punch was used sporadically late in the war on the side which gives the deeper indentations on the outside wings of the eagle.

Nick

Pic01.JPGPic02.JPGPic03.jpgPic03a.jpgPic04.JPGPic05.JPGPic06.jpgPic07.jpgPic08.JPGPic09.JPGPic10.jpgPic11.jpgPic12.jpgPic13.JPGPic14.JPGPic15.jpgPic16.JPGPic17.JPGPic18.jpgPic20.jpg

Thanks guys, I was really happy to add both, the NLB and b block have enough differences they make an interesting comparison in 45 made guns. Timing in collecting is funny, I've been hunting for a nice 45 dated Walther for a while, just never found the right one that had condition, price, etc. Then two pop up in a month, this is not a hobby for improving impulse control...

nick

Very, very nice! I had wondered for a long time why the two wing ends looked deeper than the middle of the proof stamp. Makes a lot of sense to me on using a curved keel stamp. The firing pin housing is normally numbered. I have a d block that has the firing pin housing numbered. I’m thinking armorer’s replacement part, or they simply omitted it accidentally.......more than likely an armorer’s replacement part. Did it have the butt stock components?

You know the book “History writ in steel”? This one is “History writ in wood”.

Last edited:
I thought I had seen this one before:

https://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?19905-Thanks-to-Peter-S&highlight=KAPRAL

In my serial number listings, I have this entry and the rifle is listed in Claus Espeholt’s listings as “#matching”.

Now you need to research Lt. Kapral’s information.

Thanks for the link Kelly! I purchased it here on the board as a pair with the DOT 44 from the original buyer and was very happy to add both. If I missed anything picture-wise on the b Block or the NLB you need for your logging data let me know. The NLB did not have any goodies, the b block had the spare parts but no manual.

My next project is doing research on Kapral, it's a unique enough last name and a geographic area it came from I am hoping I can find him, worth a shot.

Nick

Thanks for the link Kelly! I purchased it here on the board as a pair with the DOT 44 from the original buyer and was very happy to add both. If I missed anything picture-wise on the b Block or the NLB you need for your logging data let me know. The NLB did not have any goodies, the b block had the spare parts but no manual.

My next project is doing research on Kapral, it's a unique enough last name and a geographic area it came from I am hoping I can find him, worth a shot.

Nick

Thanks! I will add the new information to my listings. If you come up with anything on your research, let us know. It’ll be neat to see if you are able to come up with anything.

Super

Nice to see some G-43'a here....I have not heard much chatter about Darren's new book.

I thought that would rekindle some interest....

Super rifle !

Military Rifle Journal
Back