Third Party Press

Thread: Gustloff KKW Gunbroker 7600?

Default Gustloff KKW Gunbroker 7600?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/896467963

From our famous Gunbroker friend Gunsrc; I present to you a $7,600.. not a typo.... Gustloff.

ULTRA RARE OF THE ULTRA RARE, ONE OF 5 of 6...... yadda yadda.. I think I've seen at least 10 of these (rifles burned unit marked) since I've been a member here from some of the sticky posts, other members, or people that are "members" but only to join and ask 3 questions about their rifle and never post again.

Like OMGZORS!!!! FROM THE COLLECTION OF ROBERT SIMPSON!!!!! I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure Robert doesn't want to part with any of his rifles hence why they haven't moved 1-2+ years later on his website. Could be the $$$$ he is asking. But GEEZ, I never thought I'd be getting a super doper deal on a much cooler rifles at Simpson LTD.

Where do these bidders even come from and how much disposable income do they have?

They could have included Simpson's book (he is the author) for that price...

I suppose nothing that was in the listing was untrue ? But, if Bob was watching Im sure he was quite upset he didnt pull that number on it instead of this guy.. I have seen a couple of these posted here one ended up on Fat bastards site maybe with an improved action as the original was lacking finish.. I think its up there for less ??? If you can believe that !!!

I like Bob S. but, never been a fan of his website I rarely even look there..

Point I think is Gunbrokers format if used/exploited properly will yield high numbers for these guys.. The price is very high I agree and I'm sure this could see repeat business @ simpson buying from his site and relisting on GB..

Quote Originally Posted by mauser99 View Post
    I suppose nothing that was in the listing was untrue ? But, if Bob was watching Im sure he was quite upset he didnt pull that number on it instead of this guy.. I have seen a couple of these posted here one ended up on Fat bastards site maybe with an improved action as the original was lacking finish.. I think its up there for less ??? If you can believe that !!!

I like Bob S. but, never been a fan of his website I rarely even look there..

Point I think is Gunbrokers format if used/exploited properly will yield high numbers for these guys.. The price is very high I agree and I'm sure this could see repeat business @ simpson buying from his site and relisting on GB..
    Yea, he has had one listed on and off for the last year... I was like, you know this Gunbroker price is bonkers when even Fatso's clientele won't eat 5200 and that was what 2400 less than what this one went for... His clientele will buy anything...if in fact its real people buying real things... and not a shell game to make it look like he has hot items.

Simpson is not all innocent in this pump and dump stuff either, I've bid on items on Proxibid, only to lose them and then somehow someway over the next few weeks the exact item shows up on Simspon's website.... or he is flipping it under their Gunbroker handle.

I suppose things are worth what you will pay for them...IMHO, I just couldn't justify +7k for a Unit marked Gustloff....There are lots of unit marked trainers and to say that ONLY 3-5 KNOWN IN PRIVATE HANDS is pretty easy considering how many units there were, how often they are reported. And how often the reported ones are the same unit.. Morphys had a Walther KKW in mint+ condition that had a really sweet SA unit marked painted on the right side of the rifle handguard... it went for 2700ish out the door including buyers premium in late Nov. 2019.... Worth more than the gustloff posted above, at least to me. I mean if someone were to say you could have only this or that, I'd pick the Walther.

IMO, the Waddy gang and other dealers have "followers" that believe what they read/told ... repeat customers who feel comfortable over paying when they have confidence in the over-the-hyberbole gang.

email => K98@bobinohio.com

Quote Originally Posted by WreckTangle View Post
    Simpson is not all innocent in this pump and dump stuff either, I've bid on items on Proxibid, only to lose them and then somehow someway over the next few weeks the exact item shows up on Simspon's website.... or he is flipping it under their Gunbroker handle.
    I bid at an online auction a year or maybe it is two years ago where you could see the bidders location. I bid against Simpson on at least 20 items, every time me being the second highest bidder, and he winning the bid. Within weeks the items started showing up on his website, most were 4-5 times what he paid. I could not have marked them up 30% and sold them.

You have to understand to the majority of items on the website are not his inventory. It costs him employee time and labor to get them listed, but no cost for the product. When it sells he takes his commission.

We tried to do business once, until I found out (possibly by accident from one of his employees) that he had no intention of paying me for that product until it sold. That is how they do business. That is not how I do business.