Third Party Press
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Throw the buyer under the bus!

Default Throw the buyer under the bus!

Not the sellers fault... as he liquidates his father's collection... but what about the buyer/ bidders (2)... WTF are they thinking?? Isn't there enough picture info given to create a full stop... ($1775 + tax)

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/896908108
    Attached Images Attached Images

email => K98@bobinohio.com

i guess in the grand scheme of things it really doesnt matter. People have money to blow and they are blowing it on whatever... Saves the rest of us when were buying .

More than enough photos to determine what this is or isnt. Is the sellers "story" real ???? does not matter.... We could make a full time job out of pointing out stupidity on GB.

Plenty of photos with enough information to make an easy call on this one. I don’t blame the seller, as a buyer you have more responsibility to check what you are buying in this type of instance. Not much different than buying at an estate sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.
    不要支持中国人用假投票推着我们的假总统。

The difference in bidder / buyer culpability is a bit based upon the seller. On one hand we have the “high end” dealer running multiple carnival barked awkshuns on Gunbonker, pulling ridiculously high prices (some legitimate, some the result of obvious shill bidding fraud). Then, we have the individual seller listing on Gunbonker who is legitimately ignorant and sometimes posts lots of pics to make up for it. A buyer is justified in relying upon the descriptions set forth by a dealer of such things.
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Pardon my ignorance here, but are you saying they paid too much for this particular piece? It seems to be all matching serial #'s, authentic sling and an early production version. Stock is not perfect but its still has the serial #'s. What makes it a bad purchase?

RKI- Reasonably Knowledgable Individual heavy_mech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pwt32 View Post
    Pardon my ignorance here, but are you saying they paid too much for this particular piece? It seems to be all matching serial #'s, authentic sling and an early production version. Stock is not perfect but its still has the serial #'s. What makes it a bad purchase?
    Pretty much everything you said in the above statement. It's ALL wrong.
    "Wen Tausend einen Mann erschlagen, das ist nicht Ruhm, das ist nicht Ehre, denn beinsen wird's in späteren tagen gesiegt hat doch das Deutsch Heer. Podest nicht die Paten der Soldaten doner die da Sterben sollen, soll man geben was sie wollen, sahs sie Herzen, sahs sie Küssen, den sie wissen nicht wann sie sterben müssen"

Your ignorance is pardoned.. But, in this case there are so many unknown layers its impossible to know what's real and what isn't without further investigation. I for one wont spend my precious free time trying to learn if said dealer was ignorant as to the item he was selling was correct or not.. He can play dumb and list it for what he sees and not know. Or , not its bad and play dumb. At its base its a Russian capture k98k anyone with a minute sense of knowledge should know this by the largely Planted X on the receiver and the ser. # on the side of the stock. That's where it ends for me.. The rest is moot.

If you want to pay almost 2k for a RC k98k go for it. If the buyer didn't know that's on him and if he posts it anywhere he will know soon enough.. My 2 cents/

This one is on the buyer basically. The pics are quite good and show that it is a frankenhumper, pimped, wanked, renumbered, and refinished. It's worth far less than an untouched RC. I put the value at about $500-600 for a low end reenactor piece. If the bore is mint and it headspaces I guess you could bed the stock and try to see how accurate it would be. It's the next worse thing to a Mitchells Mauser. Had the bolt been polished white along with a gold sealed certificate it would be as bad.
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Hopefully you weren’t the buyer.

No sir, it wasn't me...I just wanted to understand what made it a bad purchase. I was not aware of the RC angle but just read a few posts about them. I was not aware that they faked serials, etc... Now I am. I also understand the seller pushed those features that people look for like matching serial numbers (and correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the "matching serial" on the stock should be on the bottom not the side) and did not mention the RC angle. Certainly a learning experience for me.