Third Party Press
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: SINGLE CLAW with Bad Bolt

  1. #1
    Is that a scope you have in your pocket? Dave Roberts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,607

    Default SINGLE CLAW with Bad Bolt

    This SINGLE CLAW was just sold by Amoskeag Auction , Auction#128 Nov 21 and Nov 22nd 2021 https://live.amoskeagauction.com/m/l...6featured%3Dno

    This same SINGLE CLAW rifle is now being sold by RIA Auction here is Auction link >https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...w-sniper-rifle .

    I wanted to bring this SC to the attention of our members , incase there were any members who were planning to bid on this !!!!

  2. #2
    Beavis Moderator Intern mdarnell19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    Thanks for posting this Dave. Here are some pictures of the rifle I took at the Tulsa show. I think the bands are also bad. So who knows if the stock is good or not.

    SC 1 (1).jpgSC 1 (2).jpgSC 1 (3).jpgSC 1 (4).jpgSC 1 (5).jpgSC 1 (6).jpgSC 1 (7).jpg

  3. #3
    No War Eagles For You! mrfarb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,658

    Default

    This bolt is renumbered well with good dies, but it fails at reproducing Steyr fonts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Order the new K98k book at www.thirdpartypress.com
    Don't forget to visit www.latewar.com for info on late war 98k's.
    不要支持中国人用假投票推着我们的假总统。

  4. #4
    Beavis Moderator Intern mdarnell19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    Reminds me a lot of this bolt number. This is on another single claw. Same dies?

    615515BF-32DF-414E-BF9A-E68660196D53.jpeg

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,379

    Default

    This rifle was already added to the "Problem Rifles Thread" in here: https://www.k98kforum.com/showthread...l=1#post325576

  6. #6
    Senior Member mauser99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    mass. u.s.a.
    Posts
    5,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Roberts View Post
    This SINGLE CLAW was just sold by Amoskeag Auction , Auction#128 Nov 21 and Nov 22nd 2021 https://live.amoskeagauction.com/m/l...6featured%3Dno

    This same SINGLE CLAW rifle is now being sold by RIA Auction here is Auction link >https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...w-sniper-rifle .

    I wanted to bring this SC to the attention of our members , incase there were any members who were planning to bid on this !!!!
    So its obvious now who ever bought it did with intention of flipping it.. Now doing it under the "shade" of another auction house with even less scruples and know for selling fakes and dont care. It is a pro job and fooled most till it was posted here with better pics. This is a interesting tactic keeping yourself clean letting RIA do the dirty work..

  7. #7
    Is that a scope you have in your pocket? Dave Roberts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mauser99 View Post
    So its obvious now who ever bought it did with intention of flipping it.. Now doing it under the "shade" of another auction house with even less scruples and know for selling fakes and dont care. It is a pro job and fooled most till it was posted here with better pics. This is a interesting tactic keeping yourself clean letting RIA do the dirty work..
    I agree this is what some Shit Birds are doing ,keeps the STINK off them and all on place thats selling it , I am not saying the sellers hands are clean many of these places know their selling Shit . Sad state of affairs .

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mauser99 View Post
    So its obvious now who ever bought it did with intention of flipping it.. Now doing it under the "shade" of another auction house with even less scruples and know for selling fakes and dont care. It is a pro job and fooled most till it was posted here with better pics. This is a interesting tactic keeping yourself clean letting RIA do the dirty work..
    As discussed in another thread RIA buys at Amoskeag to resell items in their own auction at a higher price. They are their own consignors. And if you look closely you'll find other items from the same Amoskeag auction in the next RIA. They even buy many items in other countries only to import and then auction the items themselves.

    Secondly, if you follow the link I had posted it was already identified as fake when it was offered by Amoskeag. The only difference is that RIA now does not picture the fake serialized bolt - they cleverly did the image in a way you can't see the bolt serial.

  9. #9
    Senior Member mauser99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    mass. u.s.a.
    Posts
    5,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absolut View Post
    As discussed in another thread RIA buys at Amoskeag to resell items in their own auction at a higher price. They are their own consignors. And if you look closely you'll find other items from the same Amoskeag auction in the next RIA. They even buy many items in other countries only to import and then auction the items themselves.

    Secondly, if you follow the link I had posted it was already identified as fake when it was offered by Amoskeag. The only difference is that RIA now does not picture the fake serialized bolt - they cleverly did the image in a way you can't see the bolt serial.
    Yes, i remember now that was mentioned and this makes even more sense.. Im quite surprised they didnt buy all three snipers if all correct in their minds they all sold way too cheap.

  10. #10
    Is that a scope you have in your pocket? Dave Roberts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,607

    Default

    Here is the Reply I got from RIA concerning the SC
    On 04/14/2021 5:03 PM Laurence A. Thomson <laurence@rockislandauction.com> wrote:


    Mr. Roberts,

    Thank you for your email which Patrick Quinn passed along to me, so I could looked into the matter.

    I have had two of our specialists review the information you sent, both of them disagree and stand behind our description of this item. Also this item was not purchased at Amoskeag by RIA. It was consigned to us from a private collection.

    Thank you for your email so we could double check our information.

    Sincerely,


    I responded back by sending RIA the Amoskeag Auction Link to said SC . Which showed that this SC was just sold by Amoskeag and that 2 well renowned K98 Collectors agreed that the Bolt in said rifle was NOT Steyr font . As expected I received no further replies from this person .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Military Rifle Journal