Third Party Press
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Matching Sauer Long Side Rail 8431U

Default Matching Sauer Long Side Rail 8431U

I don't usually get real interested in matching optics rifles. I collect scopes and like have a rifle to put them on. I have been looking for a matching base rifle Sauer LSR for a while. It's actually nicer than I thought it would be from the pictures I had. Machine ring DOW Scope is a real plus I think. Scope covers are original.

The scope has the serial on the top of the tube and the DOW + on the bottom with the reticle oriented correctly. They are usually the other way with DOW + on top and serial on bottom. It does not look like scope was ever apart. The screws are all small and perfect.

It has a 8 on the stock rail behind stock scope rail cut out where many Gustloff LSR's have a letter in the same spot. Do other Sauer LSR's have a number there as well? Maybe a process stamp for cut out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hercules; 04-19-2021 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Better Pictures

awsome rifle, i really like the DOWs...

9688W has a 4 but stamped 90deg off from your 8. kinda hard to get a pix of though...

hth

45D32953-0E04-4A89-B237-5BA3398537CC.jpeg
    B14F3AC5-C65B-46C9-8BC1-41CD8C180DC4.jpeg

Very nice LSR. Some Gustloff LSR's have a number behind the cut out as well.

Sensational rifle...congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default lsr

outstanding K98 LSR.
    For database purpose Brian, what is the scope serial number ? Have you got pictures of dow+ and rifle serial number markings, very unusual.
    congrats

Impossible to upgrade, thanks for posting the pictures! Really a marvellous piece, and great to see it complete up to the white leather scope covers.

One thing though, you seem to have a passion for oil . Kidding aside, is there any assembly number on the scope base on bottom? I wonder if it would match the "8" on the stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    outstanding K98 LSR.
    For database purpose Brian, what is the scope serial number ? Have you got pictures of dow+ and rifle serial number markings, very unusual.
    congrats
    Hello Xavier. DOW Scope serial is 19598 and Iíll post some pictures here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by learjet View Post
    awsome rifle, i really like the DOWs...

9688W has a 4 but stamped 90deg off from your 8. kinda hard to get a pix of though...

hth

45D32953-0E04-4A89-B237-5BA3398537CC.jpeg
    B14F3AC5-C65B-46C9-8BC1-41CD8C180DC4.jpeg
    Thanks for your effort in getting that info. I was always interested if the Sauer LSR’s had something similar to what I had seen on Gustloff LSR’s. Also, wondered how it compared to others.
    Last edited by Hercules; 04-18-2021 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    Very nice LSR. Some Gustloff LSR's have a number behind the cut out as well.
    Yes you are correct. I have seen one with a number as well. Thanks for reminding me.

Quote Originally Posted by Absolut View Post
    Impossible to upgrade, thanks for posting the pictures! Really a marvellous piece, and great to see it complete up to the white leather scope covers.

One thing though, you seem to have a passion for oil . Kidding aside, is there any assembly number on the scope base on bottom? I wonder if it would match the "8" on the stock.
    Thanks Georg. It is not perfect, but it is probably going to be my best Sauer LSR. It’s a better one than I had hoped for to be honest. Really never thought I’d have one with all matching serial numbers.

Yes. I had just cleaned and oiled it before photos. My pictures are not as professional as some on here for sure. I need a better lighting scenario and a photo editing program.

I bought it to replace this one.

https://www.k98kforum.com/showthread...Ring-DOW-Scope
    Last edited by Hercules; 04-18-2021 at 03:20 PM.