Third Party Press

Norwegian Mauser parts

As I am always looking for parts who is the “he” and “seller” referenced several times here? Or did I miss it.

His EBay name is “Tagmil” and though his prices are high the parts are very nice. I have bought stuff from him several times and all have been precisely as described or better. I can certainly recommend him.

Sent from my top secret official Bunker of the Order of the Def’s Hed.

I presented this information to the seller. He insists that these short numbers with a dot are indeed rack numbers and not serial numbers. He added that he has several complete rifles which have all-matching serial numbers, including on top of the bolt arm.

He can think whatever he wants. You have gotten the best info here. Rack numbers are almost always on the buttstock or buttplate if used at all.

His EBay name is “Tagmil” and though his prices are high the parts are very nice. I have bought stuff from him several times and all have been precisely as described or better. I can certainly recommend him.

Thanks!
..........:

Really neat zf41 I did not realize they (or any other country) actually used these as scoped rifles post-war! I wonder what they thought of them and how they performed.

They actually were official post WWII Norwegian sniper rifles. Hanevik supposes a serial range from HAER 150001 to 150400, so a total of 400 being made. 1952 the designation M/98k F1 S was approved, with S supposedly for Sniper.

He also sells under tagmilone

He travels the country buying parts for all sorts of military surplus weapons and has an amazing assortment of parts and supplies. He also has rifles, complete and semi-complete.

He also sells under tagmilone

He travels the country buying parts for all sorts of military surplus weapons and has an amazing assortment of parts and supplies. He also has rifles, complete and semi-complete.

I know him. Jeff Ramey out of Gillette, Wyoming. He sells the same Norway used parts I do but I do 2 things. I don't strip my parts down of their matching components to maximize profit and I keep my prices affordable. My stock sets have all of their original parts as I find them. His stocks are near my price and only have the stock discs left on them in most cases. I make a small profit while trying to keep the collecting community with access to original parts. Those numbers on the bolt flat are the last three digits of the new Norwegian serial number, NOT rack numbers at all. I will be posting slings, hoods, bolt stop assemblies, band springs and extractors tomorrow.

I know him. Jeff Ramey out of Gillette, Wyoming. He sells the same Norway used parts I do but I do 2 things. I don't strip my parts down of their matching components to maximize profit and I keep my prices affordable. My stock sets have all of their original parts as I find them. His stocks are near my price and only have the stock discs left on them in most cases. I make a small profit while trying to keep the collecting community with access to original parts. Those numbers on the bolt flat are the last three digits of the new Norwegian serial number, NOT rack numbers at all. I will be posting slings, hoods, bolt stop assemblies, band springs and extractors tomorrow.

I can vouch for the quality and superior price point of your bolts, I have bought two from you that are in unbelievable condition and of course are all matching except for the standard Norwegian bolt root renumbering. I’ll be looking forward to your new parts!

I can vouch for the quality and superior price point of your bolts, I have bought two from you that are in unbelievable condition and of course are all matching except for the standard Norwegian bolt root renumbering. I’ll be looking forward to your new parts!

I appreciate the support. In the end I want to help fellow collectors as my main focus. I don't really NEED to make money doing this. Though tagmil will likely be "the only game in town" for complete bolts now as Norway made the bolt bodies a registered item last year so they are now like receivers and barrels, in that being without lots of paperwork, cost and red tape nobody will sell them. I can get extractors, collars and the bolt guts but bolt bodies are a thing of the past so tagmil's price on complete bolts is relative now. But there again, the bolt bodies were all renumbered anyway save for a few that were left with original serial numbers on the flat. There is one guy over there with 900+ bolt bodies and barreled receivers. Imagine sitting with a case of Coor's, a bags of Funions and a day to go through all the codes.

I appreciate the support. In the end I want to help fellow collectors as my main focus. I don't really NEED to make money doing this. Though tagmil will likely be "the only game in town" for complete bolts now as Norway made the bolt bodies a registered item last year so they are now like receivers and barrels, in that being without lots of paperwork, cost and red tape nobody will sell them. I can get extractors, collars and the bolt guts but bolt bodies are a thing of the past so tagmil's price on complete bolts is relative now. But there again, the bolt bodies were all renumbered anyway save for a few that were left with original serial numbers on the flat. There is one guy over there with 900+ bolt bodies and barreled receivers. Imagine sitting with a case of Coor's, a bags of Funions and a day to go through all the codes.

Whoa 900?!? It’s a shame they changed their laws to make these impossible or impractical to get.

I can tell that you are focused on helping fellow collectors new and seasoned and I certainly appreciate that. I think everyone here does too!!

Whoa 900?!? It’s a shame they changed their laws to make these impossible or impractical to get.

I can tell that you are focused on helping fellow collectors new and seasoned and I certainly appreciate that. I think everyone here does too!!

Where there’s a law there’s a guy who will circumvent it.

He can think whatever he wants. You have gotten the best info here. Rack numbers are almost always on the buttstock or buttplate if used at all.

Tagmil insists that the numbers on the bolt arm are rack numbers. When looking at some of his listings it looks like the bolt bodies don’t always “go” with the internals. The one I sent back to him was a mixmaster with strange numbering but I think that’s the way he got it. I think the Norwegians did their own “mix and match.”

In any case he calls the bolt assemblies “matching” even if the bolt body may be from a different manufacturer by calling the number on the arm a rack number. They cost an arm and a leg!

Last edited:
Tagmil insists that the numbers on the bolt arm are rack numbers. When looking at some of his listings it looks like the bolt bodies don’t always “go” with the internals. The one I sent back to him was a mixmaster with strange numbering but I think that’s the way he got it. I think the Norwegians did their own “mix and match.”

In any case he calls the bolt assemblies “matching” even if the bolt body may be from a different manufacturer by calling the number on the arm a rack number. They cost an arm and a leg!

Of course he does.
:facepalm::faint::googlie

Military Rifle Journal
Back