Third Party Press

bcd LSR matching rifle

Y'all can take your tomato sticks and shove them where the sun don't shine.
This is the rarest of the rarest, the infamous M95 Austrian Navy sniper. This weapon is the shitz, a killing machine that changed the outcome of the war when American troops seized it at Hitler's Wolf's Lair.
Now in a private collection, only presented to the general public once a year on the first day of the month the Nazis celebrated Hitler's birthday. Makes the O/P's LSR look like an overpriced Nerf gun.

attachment.php

If only we could get pgaplayerless to show up to school us too, this thread would be complete!

I will never understand why someone comes on any forum and becomes nasty and rude when they are asking for free advice?? Being polite should be required but being an Azz is not gonna work.

My understanding is that the normal SS DC would not have the machining at the mating surfaces.
Regardless, it if was real/original more like $25k would be a deal.

IP, if you want some opinions from the best on the net at least be polite. JMO.

It would certainly help your credibility. I find that a lot of people are envious and don't own whatever it is they're criticizing whether it's a old Corvette or a Luger or sniper rifle and so they question the Integrity of other people's possessions. It's just pure envy and a violation of the 10th commandment. The world is full of so-called experts that have never owned the item that they're critiquing. They are envious little men. They yell these are the wrong valve covers they say about your Corvette and they're driving a Honda. It's the same way with sniper rifles and other cool things. The Have Nots always have something unpleasant or snotty to say about their betters.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

I learned quite a bit about fakery with Corvettes. I owned 19 since 1973. The fakers know all the tricks. Some stampes/markings are cast out/Postive, some are marked negative/stamped in. They are good at faking both. Now it matters much less since many want a resto-mod, not original. I miss every car, some really bad. Had a 54 matching frame off restored, a 56 frame off restored, two four barrels., two 57s both dual 4s and miss the one I sold really bad. I started with a 58 mess but it was pretty when I traded it for a 66 427/450HP car. The remaining 57 was bob gold's living room car, bob was Barret Jackson's predicessor. Then on to a two 61s, the 66, a 67 big block with air and leather, side pipes, etc.. Got two 69 big blocks, one with air and 20K Miles, frame off restored. Kept a 59 matching 59 Fuel Injected for a few years.Taded the big ; block 427 for a 63SW couple in Daytona blue, 340 HP, frame off restored, the car I wanted for 30 years and predicted it was the king of the mid years, not the 67. I was right. They average $250k for one of that quality now and a dealer offers me big money every few months. Hey, I was dying for one since 1963. best Covette ever. i nearly bought another, almost a twin but FI, 39K miles, used on thunder road, Robert M and son here in the mtns of NC and TN. It was a mess, hit right front. was fixed right and sold really cheap not long after i passed.. Bet the Feds had a heck of a time trying to catch it. Then I had to have a new 84
+anin 84 as I finished Anesthesia, traded for a 86, got the 84 back later. Tried a 94 LT1 but the best ever on the road, and I ran thunder rd the moonshine hwy between Asheville, Nc and Knoxville, TN, was the first 57 with a Banjo Mathews balanced and blue printed 327 400 plus HP engine. Banjo was NASCAR guy. Nobody ever kept up with me in it or my 66. I came out of a side road near WCU on US 107(thunder road and were Robert M. lost it in the movie, great movie. I gunned it and at about 80 I saw a Jackson county sheriff at a gas station. I floored it. He did not even attempt a pursuit. Bet I would have cleaned his clock or I would have let off and took a big ticket. We were at the heart of NASCR and we had cars that were running 167 mph on the highway. This is 1070 and recaps and I know this is swuat these days by try it with 60 muscle car with recaps. This is 1970 when I was running a 66 396 chevelle. Yes, they should have locked me up but they never caught me.

I am glad I still have what I have but I miss my long gone Vettes

I wondered a bit but the moral is, if it is valuable fackery will always improve. Beware.

Last edited:
I was contacted by a gentleman who purchased this rifle. All correct with no mount or scope.

I want to put this SN out there for you guys who track these things. I worry it will aquire a matching mount....

Yes. Here is the matching mount. It sold on a junk stock LSR at Rock Island Auction back in 2010. Someone has it.

https://www.rockislandauction.com/d...4-code-98k-bolt-action-long-rail-sniper-rifle

WWII Nazi "bcd 4" Code 98K Bolt Action Long Rail Sniper Rifle
Manufacturer: BCD (Gustloff)
Model: 98K
Type: Rifle
Gauge: 8mm
Barrel: 24 inch round
Finish: blue
Grip:
Stock: walnut
Item Views: 219
Serial Number:
Catalog Page: 62
Class: Curio & Relic Long Gun
Description:
This mounting system was not used in the German military until 1944. The top of the receiver is marked "bcd / 4", the top of the breech end of the barrel is marked "avk Ca" and the left side is marked with the Nazi firing proof and the serial number. Hooded front blade sight and military tangent sight graduated to 2,000 meters. Replacement stock, handguard and barrel bands with a round cartouche marked "D.R.P. / 603934" in the center and the sling slot is stamped "DRF" and "Dssd". The floor plate is marked "mub". Matching visible numbers. Equipped with the "key" safety Complete with a brown leather sling and a Dialytan 4x, marked "bek' and numbered 78234. The mounting base is numbered "89758".
Rating Definition:
Very fine. The metal surfaces except the front sight and barrel bands have a smooth gray patina. The front sight band, hood, and barrel bands retain most of their original blue finish with edge wear and a small amount of smooth gray. The replacement stock and handguard have been sanded and varnished and remain very good with some minor dings and dents. The cleaning rod is missing. The scope is good with the finish thinning to a bluish gray patina. The optics are clear. The sling is fair with light wear and minor age cracking. The action is fine. What is nice about this rifle is the fact that it is a REAL 98K sniper rifle

Great work Herc. If the rifle and scope mount are reunited, I hope the owner does not get accused of force matching the mount. Trust but verify.

mub, hahaha. Ever heard of mub as a manufacturer of stamped sheet metal parts? How about qnw?

But what should I expect from an auction house? I mean, all they do is selling collectibles, all day long. And they are the egg-spurts whose descriptions and assessments you can rely on when you drop your fat $$$ bid, right? On top, Ian McCollum likes them. And they like Ian. Who am I, to worry about this...

mub! Really? GTFOOH.

mub, hahaha. Ever heard of mub as a manufacturer of stamped sheet metal parts? How about qnw?

But what should I expect from an auction house? I mean, all they do is selling collectibles, all day long. And they are the egg-spurts whose descriptions and assessments you can rely on when you drop your fat $$$ bid, right? On top, Ian McCollum likes them. And they like Ian. Who am I, to worry about this...

mub! Really? GTFOOH.

Yes. They really don't know a lot about what they sell. It's all about money. Just like a flipper. So, I don't think anything in their description is a surprise. It had the matching mount though.

Military Rifle Journal
Back