Third Party Press

1944 Berlin-Lubecker G43 project help

CRMausr7

Well, I've finally joined the G43 club... Bought a barreled receiver for a DUV 44 G43 the other night. I'm very unfamiliar with the variations of the G43, and I'm wondering what the proper parts for this would consist of. The S/N is 5213f. Would it have a wooden handguard, or one of those resin ones?

Last edited:
typically duv g/k43's have the durafoil hg's but, if you need a stock and HG my suggestion would be to buy one form Lez in Poland for the best near drop fit stock.

typically duv g/k43's have the durafoil hg's but, if you need a stock and HG my suggestion would be to buy one form Lez in Poland for the best near drop fit stock.

I've done business with him before. He built the stock and handguard for my G.24(t), and I'm very happy with it. I'll have to look into procuring a set for my K43.

If you don’t have any of the other parts on hand— you’re going to spend twice what that will be worth in the end. Especially with the rear sight hacked off ��

If you don’t have any of the other parts on hand— you’re going to spend twice what that will be worth in the end. Especially with the rear sight hacked off ��

Well, G43s aren't getting any easier to find these days in unmolested (un-sporterized) condition, and prices for good ones keep going up. Besides, I enjoy being able to save a true piece of history like this, and I don't have any intention of ever selling it to try to get my money back.

Last edited:
I can respect that. Keep an eye out for a complete bolt group. They’re out there.

Believe me, I am. I've got saved searches on eBay and GunBroker. If anybody on here has a complete bolt and carrier that they're willing to sell, I would greatly appreciate a PM about it.

Believe me, I am. I've got saved searches on eBay and GunBroker. If anybody on here has a complete bolt and carrier that they're willing to sell, I would greatly appreciate a PM about it.

There was a complete bolt group on eBay a few months or so back (could have been a year) that I was watching (I didn’t even bid). I don’t need it but sometimes picking up spares is a good idea especially if the price is right. It didn’t go cheap but that is expected as it seems there are several 43s out there missing the complete bolt group. Don’t ask me how much because I just don’t remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a complete bolt group on eBay a few months or so back (could have been a year) that I was watching (I didn’t even bid). I don’t need it but sometimes picking up spares is a good idea especially if the price is right. It didn’t go cheap but that is expected as it seems there are several 43s out there missing the complete bolt group. Don’t ask me how much because I just don’t remember.

I just wish I could find the original one that went with my rifle. That'd be nothing short of amazing.

Well, I have is mismatched bolt group in a Walther G41. The mismatched bolt group is from another Walther rifle and patina is a perfect match. My odds of finding the correct serialized bolt group stand about the same chance as you do.

I just wish I could find the original one that went with my rifle. That'd be nothing short of amazing.

About the only way that is going to happen is if someone had your rifle and they stripped it for parts and sold them off to make a profit and you located who bought the parts. The flipping of these rifles and parts was happening quite a bit 5 years ago. Now the trend is more of guys chasing down the parts to complete rifles. Most of these will only ever be mismatched shooters. If you are OK with that just know that many times, completing a rifle over time and searching for parts ends up costing more than if you bought a complete gun. I have done it all ways imaginable complete, builds, ect. Sometimes the builds are rewarding in the fact that most of the fun is in the hunt for parts. Good luck on your project.

About the only way that is going to happen is if someone had your rifle and they stripped it for parts and sold them off to make a profit and you located who bought the parts. The flipping of these rifles and parts was happening quite a bit 5 years ago. Now the trend is more of guys chasing down the parts to complete rifles. Most of these will only ever be mismatched shooters. If you are OK with that just know that many times, completing a rifle over time and searching for parts ends up costing more than if you bought a complete gun. I have done it all ways imaginable complete, builds, ect. Sometimes the builds are rewarding in the fact that most of the fun is in the hunt for parts. Good luck on your project.

Well, then at least there'll be one more G43 in the world that's been returned to working order. Plus, it'll have a new aspect of its story: how it was restored from a stripped down sporterized action.

Last edited:
Well, then at least there'll be one more K43 in the world that's been returned to working order. Plus, it'll have a new aspect of its story: how it was restored from a stripped down sporterized action.

All power to you! I went the same route starting out with a G41 barreled action. G41 parts are much harder to source than G43 parts. It was a loooooong way to the finish line but definitely worth the effort. Worst case, it's still worth as much as the sum of all parts, and parts prices keep going up, as you may have already found out. I would use repro parts if originals are not immediately available and swap them for original parts at a later time. Install a shooter kit before taking it to the range. Or build your own, if you're good with metalworks and have access to a lathe. http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?20000-Poor-man-s-shooter-kit-for-under-1

All power to you! I went the same route starting out with a G41 barreled action. G41 parts are much harder to source than G43 parts. It was a loooooong way to the finish line but definitely worth the effort. Worst case, it's still worth as much as the sum of all parts, and parts prices keep going up, as you may have already found out. I would use repro parts if originals are not immediately available and swap them for original parts at a later time. Install a shooter kit before taking it to the range. Or build your own, if you're good with metalworks and have access to a lathe. http://www.k98kforum.com/showthread.php?20000-Poor-man-s-shooter-kit-for-under-1

I can imagine that a G41 would be harder to find parts for. And don't worry, I'm definitely putting a shooter's kit in my G43 as I build it, since I do plan to shoot it every so often.

Last edited:
Well, I've finally joined the K43 club... Bought a sporterized DUV 44 K43 barreled receiver off gunbroker last night. I'm very unfamiliar with the variations of the K43, and I'm wondering what the proper parts for this would consist of. The S/N is 4934I. Would it have a wooden handguard, or one of those resin ones?

I did the same rescue job on a QVE45. I +1 vote on the Foxx stock, he does a great job. Here's mine https://kiwimedals.com/rebuilding-the-k43/

So would the bolt-hold open feature be present on the bolt carrier for an f-block BLM G43?

Last edited:
Alright, so I've got most of the parts needed for my rifle. Just need a stock, shooter's kit, hammer washers, and a bolt to complete it.
Fox-militaria has nice stocks but they’re pricey, for a majority of the remaining parts, try frontline militaria, I think they have what you need minus the bolt

Military Rifle Journal
Back