Third Party Press

Thread: M1928A1 Thompson Web / Mags Values

Default M1928A1 Thompson Web / Mags Values

Guys, I'm selling off some Thompson accessories for a friend / client. I need to know what fair retail values are. All nice stuff. There are:

Thompson Rusco canvas carry bag, excellent.
    Thompson RM Co. 1942 web drum mag pouch
    Thompson M1928A1 orig. 50 rd L drum, stamped "U"
    Thompson US marked stick mag pouch with five mags

Thanks!
    HB
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945

Craig most Thompson 20-30 round magazines I have seen for sale have been priced around $40-$60 sometimes more if it's a small contractor. The Drums are a different story I have seen those from $500-$1500 a piece! Depending on maker is the key.
    "Don't use your musket if you can kill 'em with your hatchet"

Major Robert Rogers 1757 Founder of the U.S Army Rangers

When I was restoring my M1 I became a member of this board: http://www.machinegunboards.com/foru...opicfilter=all

There are some good guys, friendly and very knowledgable.
    Post those pictures there, it will be a quick response.

Craig, I suggest that offering these items at auction is the way to maximize their prices. Everything you show is in nice shape and valuable in its own way. Oddly, the strap on the L drum pouch is probably worth more than the pouch itself. The real find is the Rusco case. It's in nice shape, and will sell for big bucks. I suppose I'm saying not to shoot yourself in the foot by trying to offer fixed prices. There's no way to keep up with market fluctuations right now. Things that I wouldn't have looked twice at are selling for crazy money. Of course, you can't sell the mags on eBay, but everything else will do well if the auction photos and descriptions are sufficiently detailed.

I recently listed a nice WWII M1 carbine stock on eBay at an opening bid of $120. It sold for over $1,000! I'd have missed out on most of that if I'd have offered it at a fixed price.

Edit: One of the mags is a patent date AO mag, worth considerably more than the others, which are common WWII XX mags. Some of the mags have been modified for use in semi-auto guns and are worth very little.
    Last edited by tsmgguy; 05-03-2021 at 09:46 AM.
    Wanted: K98 Dou-42 bolt 5235b, and Port. bayonet G19383

Thanks guys. TSMG, appreciate that info on the mag. I was wondering what was up with the wallowed out holes in back. Fortunately, it looks like the more valuable mag didn't have this done. Appreciate the help.
    “Not every item of news should be published. Rather must those who control news policies endeavor to make every item of news serve a certain purpose.” - Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda, 1933-1945