Third Party Press

RME 1945 sling

I don’t think it’s an abbreviation, but it is Czech for sure. FYI, the code before they went to RME was EZGJ 1944. Pic below - you see this code before RME on all the same type of things in 43-44.

c5170bdd80b7310ebf990b21e712f8c9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently there were several revisions to this code list. I've never seen this four letter code EZGJ, great info as always and lots of fun, love this late war stuff.
Thanks for taking the time. :happy0180:

Back in the 70s or 80s those were advertised as G43 slings. I know I bought two or three. I used them on my G43 and some K98ks. But I really don't like slings on my guns and have taken them off. I am not sure I think the seemed a little short. I haven't seen them in years.

Did that "EZGJ" code (or whatever it is) ever show up without the RB.Nr. above?
Thanks

I have not seen it without the RB. Nr. Before, but I’ve seen 1943 and 1944.

b53e4913fe05ffc5bc65f26377e3a967.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not seen it without the RB. Nr. Before, but I’ve seen 1943 and 1944.

Thanks.
This agrees with my observations.
I think it neither is a code nor an abbreviation for the maker. Something in my fingertips tells me it's something else.

This sling came on a swp45 and has been there a long time. Bad thing was the end is broken off. The button is painted which is different then any post war made ones I have seen.

Attachments

• sling1.JPG
    sling1.JPG
    224.6 KB · Views: 45
  • sling2.JPG
    sling2.JPG
    233.2 KB · Views: 44
This sling came on a swp45 and has been there a long time. Bad thing was the end is broken off. The button is painted which is different then any post war made ones I have seen.

Now that's interesting. Did you check it very closely for any markings.
:thumbsup::happy0180:

Military Rifle Journal
Back