Third Party Press

1936 walnut s/42

mpkills

I have a chance to bid on a gorgeous walnut stocked, all matching S/42 1936 K98. I can add a few pics. but would like to know what an approx. value on this would be? Never sanded and all correct numbers on the outside. Thanks Larry

Just picking nits, but shouldn’t the bolt be stamped with the letter block? Also needs a numbered cleaning rod to be truly all matching, but beautiful 36 nonetheless.

Sent from the Gulag

I’ve been watching that one (no interest in bidding) curious what it will go for.

Yeah me as well. It would be perfect for my MO collection, but I fear it's going to creep into the $4k range. I don't want it that bad.

Looks to be a beautiful rifle though with nothing wrong as far as I can tell.

Just picking nits, but shouldn’t the bolt be stamped with the letter block? Also needs a numbered cleaning rod to be truly all matching, but beautiful 36 nonetheless.

Sent from the Gulag

Sure, but this looks like a no letter block rifle to me.

Sent from the Gulag
... there is no stinking letter block... Cheech/Chong

... there is no stinking letter block... Cheech/Chong

giphy.gif

It was a gorgeous rifle, nicest I've had the pleasure of seeing in person, congratulations to who got it! Didn't even get the chance to bid on it haha. Was hoping the pistol would have been a little more obscure.
It seemed more like a vet bringback grouping but the gentleman who owned the house was born in 1930 so maybe purchased or given to him by a family friend.

He was confused by the K on the stock.. rookie error.. what did it realize now that its over ? Im sure it didnt go cheap.

He was confused by the K on the stock.. rookie error.. what did it realize now that its over ? Im sure it didnt go cheap.

Both the rifle and pistol (unique model 16) went for full retail value. Rifle after tax $3,600 and pistol $3,180 not sure what the transfer fees were.

Both the rifle and pistol (unique model 16) went for full retail value. Rifle after tax $3,600 and pistol $3,180 not sure what the transfer fees were.

the rifle went cheap.. the pistol ?? I have no clue why it went so high ? Maybe KM marked or a real KM connection or just two guys who really wanted it. That 36 is an early no letter in very high condition.

Yes, the M block went a little high but, went into good hands and what else worth while is the to spend our worthless currency on. :thumbsup:

Well, you’re right, I am a rookie. But I’m well aware of what the K means in that context, since my 36 MO has one and my 37 doesn’t :).

Military Rifle Journal
Back