Third Party Press

The Time Has Come - Forum Software Change

The Def’s Hed has authorized an expenditure for an undisclosed amount in the event that donations are necessary.

Sent from my top secret official Bunker of the Order of the Def’s Hed.

I will be holding my hat out after the new format is finished. Wait, maybe I should do it before in case people hate it. :biggrin1:

Knew this day would eventually come, damned forced obsolescence with all things computers...

In for some scoots when the time comes, just let us know the details...

Knew this day would eventually come, damned forced obsolescence with all things computers...

In for some scoots when the time comes, just let us know the details...

No doubt. VBulletin shot itself in the foot in 2012. Well, way before that. We currently use VB4 which is the last decent version - from 2009. Let’s put that in perspective.

The iPhone 3Gs just came out the same time. It was technically the iPhone 2, the iPhone came out 2 years prior.

Windows 7 was released.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 was released.

I constantly get random (harmless?) database errors.

It was a good run. The people who write Xenforo software developed the original VBulletin 3 but were fired before the software we use (VB4) came out. Luckily I didn’t fall for the VB5 crap like Waf did. Anyway, next week we’ll be in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No doubt. VBulletin shot itself in the foot in 2012. Well, way before that. We currently use VB4 which is the last decent version - from 2009. Let’s put that in perspective.

The iPhone 3Gs just came out the same time. It was technically the iPhone 2, the iPhone came out 2 years prior.

Windows 7 was released.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 was released.

I constantly get random (harmless?) database errors.

It was a good run. The people who write Xenforo software developed the original VBulletin 3 but were fired before the software we use (VB4) came out. Luckily I didn’t fall for the VB5 crap like Waf did. Anyway, next week we’ll be in the future.

Well, as always, appreciate all the work you do on this site, and for this thing of ours (as Tony Soprano would say...:happy0180:)

Couldn't ask for a finer crowd of people to hang with virtually, and all too rarely in person, than everybody here. Even that Snow Mexican Canadian dude...

I love you guys....:thumbsup:

But maybe thats the giant bourbon Old Fashioned I just finished talking....:facepalm:

I get along with on the other forums OK. I don't see why I wouldn't here. I will be happy to send you a few bucks when you are ready.

Today is the day. Work will be in the background. Once the new software is up and running, it will be tested. After that, we will "flip the switch" so to speak. This switch may happen today if everything tests properly, but could be tomorrow with my work schedule.

When the switch happens, some posts from near the change may disappear, I suspect they will at least. So don't do anything important today, and don't freak out. I've turned off registrations for today.

Ok, have to reschedule- I forgot some maintenance issues I need to take care of and space issues. I’ll keep you up to date.

Thank you for all the behind-the-scenes heavy lifting you do.

Henry Ford has been quoted as saying: “Quality is what happens when no one is looking.”

This has been nothing but a quality place to be in the short time I’ve visited,

my thanks to all who make it so!

Military Rifle Journal
Back