Third Party Press

SS Double Claw Sniper

Hahaha ... k98kforum sniper section. Whereas other forums discuss who sets up the best replica sniper rifles and throw compliments at each other for those, people over here flame you for having an original scope matching sniper rifle but with a mismatching barrel band :laugh:.

Thats a cool rifle. I think any sniper collector would be glad to have that one. Wasn't there a veterans story to go along with this one as well? Maybe its posted here somewhere on here and I forgot.

Still it's a great rifle. I like the matching optics on this one as well. Those DOW ocular focus SS Double Claw Scopes were the best DOW scopes I think.

There is a Vet story associated to this SSDC here is the little that is known .

Looked at today a double claw, dow scoped sniper today. It was brought back by a vet who was a member of 42nd Rainbow division, in Austria at the time. He was a member of a field artillery unit, and in the rear of the front firing artillery. They were stationed near a village , firing and noticing they were drawing sniper fire. The vet went looking with a M1 and found this sniper peaking out from a church. He eventually shot him and went up and took the gun. Great story who knows?

Really cool rifle Matt, finding that must have been like hitting the lottery, then needing to hit the lottery to buy it...

There is a Vet story associated to this SSDC here is the little that is known .

Looked at today a double claw, dow scoped sniper today. It was brought back by a vet who was a member of 42nd Rainbow division, in Austria at the time. He was a member of a field artillery unit, and in the rear of the front firing artillery. They were stationed near a village , firing and noticing they were drawing sniper fire. The vet went looking with a M1 and found this sniper peaking out from a church. He eventually shot him and went up and took the gun. Great story who knows?

I like the story Dave, and we have spoken about this before.; the ONLY way you were acquiring a “ numbers matched scoped rifle ” was by picking it up from the recently deceased owner, or by capturing a battalion/ regimental armorer or overrunning a factory/ supply depot. No sniper would be caught alive with a scoped k98, we can’t even find matched zf41s!

I like the story Dave, and we have spoken about this before.; the ONLY way you were acquiring a “ numbers matched scoped rifle ” was by picking it up from the recently deceased owner, or by capturing a battalion/ regimental armorer or overrunning a factory/ supply depot. No sniper would be caught alive with a scoped k98, we can’t even find matched zf41s!

Friend of mine has a matched G43 rig complete with wood scope can, spare mags and pouches. Direct from the vet, who told him he picked it up in a bunker on the Siegfried Line.

Steve

Jeff , yes that is it , the previous owner before Matt had to have it , he was like a relentless nagging wife who had to get that new pair of shoes and once had , only to then turn around and sell or trade them off because she realized one sequin was missing from the left shoe . All in all it worked out for the best , it now resides in the Collection of a Sniper Rifle Collector . lol !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Jeff , yes that is it , the previous owner before Matt had to have it , he was like a relentless nagging wife who had to get that new pair of shoes and once had , only to then turn around and sell or trade them off because she realized one sequin was missing from the left shoe . All in all it worked out for the best , it now resides in the Collection of a Sniper Rifle Collector . lol !!!!!!!!!

No issue Dave, wanted to give you a bit of a hardtime.😎
Jeff

No issue Dave, wanted to give you a bit of a hardtime.��
Jeff

Jeff , I knew that . But Thank You for saying so . I will say the 1st one I ever bought from You still lives with me .:thumbsup:

Military Rifle Journal
Back