Third Party Press

SS Double Claw Sniper

mdarnell19

Beavis Moderator
Staff member
I picked this last year. Got it from a guy who didn't know what he had, so I practically stole it. But still took me 3 years salary to pay for it.

This one is pictured in Volume II b (first picture is from the book). SS Double Claw built on a SSZZA4 depot rifle, hence why it has a flat butt plate. All matching except for the front band. Never thought I would own such a rifle. Very grateful to a good friend for selling it to me.
:thumbsup:

SS (1).jpgSS (2).jpgSS (3).jpgSS (4).jpgSS (5).jpgSS (6).jpgSS (7).jpgSS (8).jpgSS (09).jpgSS (9).jpgSS (10).jpgSS (11).jpgSS (12).jpgSS (13).jpgSS (14).jpgSS (15).jpgSS (16).jpgSS (17).jpgSS (18).jpg

Fantastic rifle Matt, congrats! That's a real jewel. Glad you were able to pull one over on the previous owner haha.

Last edited:
I wonder why they stamped some parts and arc-pencilled the bolt. I have used an old old arc pencil and it isn’t easy to use.

Nice score, I have held that rifle, even have pics of it...just an amazing example!

Attachments

• 20180911_172156qa.jpg
    20180911_172156qa.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 89
  • 20180911_172232qa.jpg
    20180911_172232qa.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 95
Thanks guys. It’s an incredible piece of history IMO.

Mike, funny thing is the guy I got it from use to have those exact same granite countertops. Lol

I wonder why they stamped some parts and arc-pencilled the bolt. I have used an old old arc pencil and it isn’t easy to use.

The EP is part of SSZZA4 accepted rework and not connected with the sniper conversion which was outcarried by Waffenwerke Brünn. The sniper conversion then was accepted by SSZZA2.

That’s some friend Matt, I can’t imagine what you had to dangle in front of him to get it. Incredible find, thanks for sharing

Very rare variant indeed , I am aware of only 2 of this type SSDC both have matching Optics . Excellent addition to Your collection Matt . IMHO You put one over on the previous owner . :laugh:

The EP is part of SSZZA4 accepted rework and not connected with the sniper conversion which was outcarried by Waffenwerke Brünn. The sniper conversion then was accepted by SSZZA2.

Still doesn’t explain why the gun is mostly stamped only some arc pencilled. Just kind of peculiar practice

Still doesn’t explain why the gun is mostly stamped only some arc pencilled. Just kind of peculiar practice

This is how most SSZZA4 rifles are done. Why would they? Good question, some of these have stamped matching bolts, some have very few “stamped” numbers. It’s possible it was just easier than stamping. Even though it’s hard to you, it may have been easy for them using it as often as they did. It’s a good example considering it’s mismatched and a restored sporter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like the previous owner screwed me. I can probably get my money back or try selling it on gunbroker (since a high turret with the wrong stock and mismatch scope sold for 17k).

Military Rifle Journal
Back