Third Party Press

2021 SOS show

Warrior1354

ax - hole
Thought I would bring this up being the show is almost here in about 60 days July 21-25, 2021. I do know some of our Canadian collector brothers might not be able to attend this year due to the Covid restrictions. I'm holding on to hope that Chris, Steve, Brandon, and Andrew will be able too attend the show this year. The show would not seem the same and be as fun without them! And another thing Andrew was such a major part of the forum get together and the raffle. Many members here really did appreciate his efforts in that matter, plus helping reserve rooms at the hotel.

I would still like to see us try to do a raffle this year and I would be happy to contribute to it as well plus help in the beverage department too. Wanting to also know if were still staying at the same hotel again this year as last year.

Regardless will make the best with what we have!

Jordan, you’re a total bro. It kills to say, but I think it’s going to be challenging for most of us to make it this year. I won’t speak for the other lads, but with the border still shut down and the mandatory two week quarantine in effect (upon our return to Canada), it’s going to be tough, unless things get drastically better over the next couple months... but I guess on the bright side, this is probably gonna be good for Mike’s liver. :laugh::happy0180:

I’ll miss y’all, but jeezus. I’m too old for that much alcohol anymore. [emoji24][emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can say pretty effectively that I am not attending this year. It’s mid May and we still have the heaviest lock down yet, until the end of the month. That leaves June and some of July to have everything return to normal.....have you met the government? They are fucking retarded so there’s no chance of that. So sadly I’ll have to wait til February.

Mike, I try and get you out of it every year........and you change your mind last minute.....I literally carried you home and dumped you in Dave’s lap. A break maybe isn’t the worst thing.

Canadian travel rules are rough. Can't blame anyone for not leaving. Also can't believe it took til April 22 for them to stop flights from India, but it was over a week before the Harris Administration did so here.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I can say pretty effectively that I am not attending this year. It’s mid May and we still have the heaviest lock down yet, until the end of the month. That leaves June and some of July to have everything return to normal.....have you met the government? They are fucking retarded so there’s no chance of that. So sadly I’ll have to wait til February.

Mike, I try and get you out of it every year........and you change your mind last minute.....I literally carried you home and dumped you in Dave’s lap. A break maybe isn’t the worst thing.

Oh I remember that night note to Mike Jagermeister does not mix well with Thai food! But we all did have a good time at the PBR Rodeo bar. The mechanical bull was pretty fun and watching Mike get on the Dance Floor with some Jamaican guy was pretty awesome lol! Now if we could only get him to bring his hat from Texas lol!

I really wish I was able to attend this year Jordan. It’s always awesome to see everyone, get up some general debauchery at PBRs, and hack at a couple things with swords! As the guys have said though, we’re currently in a lockdown and the gov’t seems as inept as ever.

Alcohol or otherwise, it looks like you guys will have to have all of the fun for us this go around brother. That said, I’ll be interested to hear the annual after action report on the state of the show. Hopefully people’s general frustrations bring out plenty of folks and a few gems for purchase.

Cheers!
Brandon

Wow that sucks, out here in CT everything is open May 19, no restrictions besides masks in indoor public places. Why is Canada so strict?

Wow that sucks, out here in CT everything is open May 19, no restrictions besides masks in indoor public places. Why is Canada so strict?
You still have things closed in CT? May 19 all restrictions are lifted in NJ

I really wish I was able to attend this year Jordan. It’s always awesome to see everyone, get up some general debauchery at PBRs, and hack at a couple things with swords! As the guys have said though, we’re currently in a lockdown and the gov’t seems as inept as ever.

Alcohol or otherwise, it looks like you guys will have to have all of the fun for us this go around brother. That said, I’ll be interested to hear the annual after action report on the state of the show. Hopefully people’s general frustrations bring out plenty of folks and a few gems for purchase.

Cheers!
Brandon

You know it's still funny your Avatar picture is from our wonderful night of fun in 2017! Yeah I'm sure going to miss you all this year hopefully the year of 2022 for the SOS show is that much better!

And I'll try to put you guys in contact with folks that have items your looking for. I know Andrew has been going after some nice late war bayonets lately.

I just bought tickets so I guess I’ll be there. I’ll wear Canadian garb, drink Molsen beer and say “Eh” and “Zed-F 41” so you feel better Jordan. Eh.

.. the governor announced today that all covid restrictions expire about june 15th...? ...........

Great time Jordan, best sleep I’ve ever had on a floor (I think?). Appreciate the looking out brother!

Mike, pack the plaid and denim!

I get that they have all the stuff you 8mm guys like but what about trainers? We all know trainers > k98s

Wish I could go. But, another event will require my attendance. I mean, SOS an actual show where there is stuff you want to buy, not like the crap shows in VA. I'm SO SAD I can't go.

I just bought tickets so I guess I’ll be there. I’ll wear Canadian garb, drink Molsen beer and say “Eh” and “Zed-F 41” so you feel better Jordan. Eh.

Don't forget walking around with a box of Tim Hortons donuts and a coffee in hand, that's true Canadian.

You still have things closed in CT? May 19 all restrictions are lifted in NJ

It's same over here, May 19th all restrictions lifted I think they recently changed it to if you are fully vaccinated you can go anywhere without a mask.

I’ll miss y’all, but jeezus. I’m too old for that much alcohol anymore. [emoji24][emoji24]

I second the the missing part , but it will be really nice not to have to deal with the drunken aftermath that always occurs , if You get my drift :barf:

Well looks like the show is less then 30 days away holy crap this year has gone fast. As always looking forward to seeing you guys there. Anyway I know nothing really has been mentioned about the raffle or the get together yet but I think we can come up with something we always do. Were K98k collectors damnit we improvise and overcome! I'm sure it will be fun it always is!

Oh snap, that’s happening this year?
Yes they moved the show from February to July for this year. And are we still doing Waffle House? I owe Dave breakfast for the 98b he sold me. Can't give up one of my lungs yet until he sells me a cool sniper though.

Military Rifle Journal
Back