Third Party Press

German helmet lot numbers 1935-1945 ongoing research

M45

Revision #4 of my book GERMAN HELMET LOT NUMBERS 1935-1945 ONGOING RESEARCH is now available on Ebay (item# 321090511887).

There are about 12,500 lot number entries listed that cover M35, M40, M42, M38 and Beaded helmets. ET/CKL, SE/hkp, Quist, NS, and EF helmet factories are listed in addition to a section on qvL/bvL helmets.

The book is 8.5 X 11 paperback format and 460 pages (about 1" thick).

The book is helpful in tracking factory decal drops and many decal types are listed. DD, SD, and no decal helmets are tracked from the M35 era, through the M40 era, and into the M42 no-decal era.

There are NO photos in this book. It is a text only listing with my own comments on each each factory section.

More SS decals specifically are found in Revision-4 such as the ET, Q, and EF factory SS decals in addition to some rare fat runes decals and CA Pochers.

Factory ET M35 SS helmets along with the Black parade reissues and finally the Green/Black/Green reissues for combat duty.

A historic SS-VT helmet named to SS Obergruppenfuhrer Karl Frank, Reich Minister for Bohemia and Moravia is featured. The black parade finish was covered with a smooth medium gray paint with Pocher decals masked off.

M35 ET64 3891 DD A/SS BLACK 38RAB POCHER TO SS-VT GRAY, V.A.-SS STRAP, K.H.FRANK

Attachments

• ZZZZ LOT NUMBER REV 4 LULU COVER SHOT.jpg
    ZZZZ LOT NUMBER REV 4 LULU COVER SHOT.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 197
  • zzzzzz lot number book title page light.jpg
    zzzzzz lot number book title page light.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 195
  • zzzzzz lot number book TOC light.jpg
    zzzzzz lot number book TOC light.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 188
  • zzzzzz lot number book side view light.jpg
    zzzzzz lot number book side view light.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 176
  • zzzzzz lot number book Q decal drop light.jpg
    zzzzzz lot number book Q decal drop light.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 207
  • zzzzzz lot number book ckl list2 light.jpg
    zzzzzz lot number book ckl list2 light.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 220
  • zzzzzz lot number book ckl list light.jpg
    zzzzzz lot number book ckl list light.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 193
  • zzzz lot number book snklg to strlg trans.jpg
    zzzz lot number book snklg to strlg trans.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 158
Last edited by a moderator:
Revision 3

I have revision 3 and it has brought to light some things I have wondered about such as a 1937 aluminum liner in later helmet....seems there was a rash of this happening at one of the factories. "Use what you got,swine hund!" Really great for the collector in all of us! Should I wait for 5 or pull the trigger on 4????

GB,

there may not be a version 5 for several reasons;

- as indicated by a number of online helmet dealers, the movement of helmets overall appears to be drying up, probably due to the poor economy. This is resulting in the 'drying up' of information.

- even though every single shell size and configuration per lot number ever produced will never be found, the number of current entries (12,500) seems to be sufficient to reveal a number of manufacturing patterns (decal drops, decal types, styles and locations of factory marks, etc...). While more lot number information would certainly be appreciated, more entries will serve to 'flesh out' the skeleton that has already appeared. The gathering of every single lot number/shell size/configuration is unnecessary to see emerging manufacturing patterns.

- the gathering and compiling of this information is time consuming, and I have other projects that demand that time.

So, to answer your question, I would go ahead and get version 4.

Hi,
M45 can't this be done as a attachment don't mind paying but post/import cost will be more than the book.

Freddy; yes postage costs are outrageous! 23.95 USD for a flat rate envelope, and the book is $25.

I have not yet converted to E-books. Promoting the book as an attachment is a good idea. I will look into it. That may be the ticket!

Brian

Lot Number Book Available as a PDF file

Hi,
M45 can't this be done as a attachment don't mind paying but post/import cost will be more than the book.

I converted this book to a PDF file which is available for $10 USD.

If interested, paypal me $10 at prokhorovka43@yahoo.com

Make sure I have your email address and I will send you the PDF file.

Cheers, Brian

Also, since Paypal does not notify me when I get a payment,
please send me a separate email to give me a heads-up.

thanks.

Pdf file - 5 german helmet lot numbers 1935-1945 revision - 5 format

PDF FILE - 5 GERMAN HELMET LOT NUMBERS 1935-1945 REVISION - 5 FORMAT

Version 5 of the lot number book is available on PDF file from Ebay. Approximately 500 pages in length.

Ebay item# 321224591763

Price: $10 USD.

Version - 6

Version - 6 of the Lot number book is now available, either from the printer at www.lulu.com ,
or from me directly on Ebay

eBay item number: (HARD COPY)

eBay item number: (PDF FILE)

This book is 8.5 X 11 format, 525 pages, and 1" thickness. (no photos)
It has approximately 14,500 helmet entries.

Attachments

• 13686255_cover(3)_Page_1.jpeg
    13686255_cover(3)_Page_1.jpeg
    73.3 KB · Views: 38
Brian, thanks for all of your hard work on this, great reference material. I just bought Rev.6 on epay. :thumbsup:

Hardcopy revsion 7 available

HARDCOPY REVSION 7 now available on Ebay.

Ebay item# 321517677898

More decal types per maker and model are listed in this 7th edition. Decals such as ET-Heer, Pocher-SS, Q-SS, ET-KM, EF-SS, and so on are listed in the 'configurations' sections.

Attachments

• 13686255_cover(4)_Page_1.jpeg
    13686255_cover(4)_Page_1.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 136 TABLE OF CONTENTS.JPG
    136 TABLE OF CONTENTS.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 35
Just fyi, I have V 6 and almost didn't spring for V7. That would have been a big mistake: even if you have 6, 7 is really worth it!

thanks for the thanks, guys.

A preliminary count for the entries in Version 7 are over 15,200.

Again Available

Version 7 of the Lot Number book is again available on Ebay: item# 321608740037

Military Rifle Journal
Back