Third Party Press

Kriegsmarine Marked rg34 - (Formerly Sad Remnants of Navy Marked rg34)

The truth is that I have a hard time understanding the presence of the Kriegsmarine stamp on a 1936 kit that has already been accepted (Weimar eagle WaA325). Also the excessive zeal in marking all the parts, as well as where it has been stamped: on the back of the HKW and on the first link of the chain, which is not common.

Antoni
The “truth” is; that that’s your opinion. Just because you have never seen it; doesn’t mean that it’s not true. “Which is not common” means that it still exists.

Looking at the pictures of this Kriegsmarine kit there are several features that I don't like, not just one.
For example, stamping the Km acceptance stamp on the first aluminum cover is unthinkable considering that it is a delicate piece and could weaken it, making it easier to lose, rendering the chain useless. It may seem silly but it is not, the Germans attached great importance (there are many evidences of this) the fact that the RGK could not scratch or damage the barrel.

Antoni

Last edited:
Not only his opinion!
Well another has never been seen, nor any other component marked like that. And the tin has inside and outside of box lids done?
I also question it. The waffenamt and e/m does not concern me, lots of previously accepted army stuff was drawn into Km service,
I’ve never seen it before either, but I have now. I have no doubts about its authenticity, and it wasn’t sold to me at a high price either. It is what it is. I’m not selling it either. I’m not sure you mean by inside and outside of box lids done,

I’ve never seen it before either, but I have now. I have no doubts about its authenticity, and it wasn’t sold to me at a high price either. It is what it is. I’m not selling it either. I’m not sure you mean by inside and outside of box lids done,
Just it has e/M on the outside of the lid and inside. Makes no sense really.

The waffenamt and e/m does not concern me, lots of previously accepted army stuff was drawn into Km service,

Well it concerns me. Although I do not disagree with your assertion in theory, I have never observed a rg34 behälter with both a WaA and added Kriegsmarine markings. Coupled with the clearly incorrect added Eagle>M stamps to the tools/components there are big problems here. Original items that have sadly been embellished with improper markings.

Well it concerns me. Although I do not disagree with your assertion in theory, I have never observed a rg34 behälter with both a WaA and added Kriegsmarine markings. Coupled with the clearly incorrect added Eagle>M stamps to the tools/components there are big problems here. Original items that have sadly been embellished with improper markings.
I agree the markings are bad. But lots of weapon related items show up waa inspected and then in KM hands. So I think technically it’s possible, I think we must see a very small percentage of Km marked items. My opinion only

These are photos of three different RG34 kits….not just one.

I agree the markings are bad. But lots of weapon related items show up waa inspected and then in KM hands. So I think technically it’s possible, I think we must see a very small percentage of Km marked items. My opinion only
I wish you could inspect it in person. Others have. Who knows? Maybe it is bad. I also think it’s unusual for a pull through chain to be marked.

Finally found one, Ky1938 tinned
Thanks to Frysk.
KM Rg34's updated list:

"Hawig" Hauswirtschaftsmaschinen-Gesellschaft mbH:
Hawig logo - tinned - Weimar style eagle over M, arsenal stamp N.526. and unit stamp 2.M.A.A. (2. Marine Artillerie Abteilung ?)
Hawig logo - tinned - Weimar style eagle over M, arsenal stamp N.608. and unit stamp 2.M.A.A. (2. Marine Artillerie Abteilung ?)
Hawig logo - tinned - Weimar style eagle over M and unit stamp 103.
Hawig logo - tinned - Weimar style eagle over M and unit stamp M.S.W. (Marineschule Wesermünde ?)
Hawig logo - tinned - Weimar style eagle over M, arsenal stamp N.xxx.and unit stamp 2.M.A.A." (2. Marine Artillerie Abteilung ?)
Hawig logo - tinned - Weimar style eagle over M

Aktien-Maschinenfabrik Kyffhäuserhütte:
Ky1937 - tinned - Nazi style eagle over M
Ky1937 - tinned - Nazi style eagle over M
Ky1937 - tinned - Nazi style eagle over M and arsenal stamp N/5051
Ky1937 - tinned - Nazi style eagle over M and arsenal stamp G./N.6841
Ky1938 - tinned - Nazi style eagle over M
Ky1938 - tinned - Nazi style eagle over M and serial number 1150 engraved
Ky1939 - tinned - Nazi style eagle over M
Ky1939 - tinned - Nazi style eagle over M
Ky1939 - painted - Nazi style eagle over M

Gustav Appel Maschinenfabrik:
G. Appel 1936 - tinned - Weimar style eagle over M and arsenal stamp N-16804

Others:
unmarked - painted - Swastika over M, in circles both
unmarked - painted - Swastika over M, in circles both

Please, if anyone has any addition, report here.

Bonjour !

Je possède un kit HAWIG 1940 peint avec WaA100 poinçonné d'un aigle avec croix et du "M" de la Kriegsmarine.
HAWIG 1940.jpgKriegsmarine.jpg
Petit.jpg
Merci !

Cordialement,
Rémi

Military Rifle Journal
Back