Third Party Press

.. a ten year chase, ended!

tbied2

.... the holy grail of G41 rifles has finally been gotten. i am happy, just temporarily broke; .. but, i usually recover quickly. i had to part with two of my collection, but they were in the lower end. last night i completely dis-assembled & soaked all metal parts in mineral spirits. a quick wipe of the stock lightly with some acetone to remove about fifty years of grease & oil; then back together with ballistol. it looked good when i got it;.. it looks great now. no stamps on stock, no firing proofs or numbers on any parts. just a lot of 359's. nothing on the barrel. so;... i took a quick photo & then stuck it in my gun safe. i plan on keeping this one for a while. now,.. i'm going fishin' .......

Attachments

• g41 v4.JPG
    g41 v4.JPG
    252.4 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
was ... ;; at the SOS, mel smith & dave roberts convinced me that i needed this for my collection.

Last edited:
was ... ;; at the SOS, mel smith & dave roberts convinced me that i needed this for my collection.
I've been trying to convince you to buy that for the past 5 years! Congratulations! Remember you owe Richard Milton a nice Wendy's frosty at the next ogca show too!

Last edited:
Highly waiting for additional pictures of this great piece! And congratulations to the purchase!

Would love to get the information for my G.41 listings. If it does not have a serial number, not sure how I am going to list it though. If you get detailed photos going, I hope it can be stickied here.

I'm pretty ignorant on these G41 but why do some of the parts look chrome plated?

Regardless, still looks to be in great shape good fine OP

... just took one quick picture that day. a few parts like the receiver, gas tube, trigger guard, etc are bare metal. ..... no need for blue because just a pro-type. the receiver is stamped " V 4 " , which means " versuch 4 " or experimental #4 ........

I can’t seem to locate the information. Where does this rifle fall in the serial number scheme of things? Between G.41 and G.43 production? Right at the beginning of G.41 production?

I believe this was one of the first attempts at drilling a port in the barrel, and likely came during, or at the end of the G.41 production.
This rifle still uses the G41 annular piston, and funky push operating rod.

I believe this was one of the first attempts at drilling a port in the barrel, and likely came during, or at the end of the G.41 production.
This rifle still uses the G41 annular piston, and funky push operating rod.
About two years ago there was a "funky" (shortened) G41 push rod for sale on ePay. I'm wondering if it had been for an experimental rifle like this one or just another bubba special.

It was great meeting you at the show and thanks for your help. It looks like you had a successful and fun SOS trip this year. I hope to see more pictures of this rifle!

Military Rifle Journal
Back