Third Party Press

Another Mitchel's turd, but the description really takes the cake!

Kintepro

Here is the full description from the listing, verbatim! These dishonest sellers make me sick. You know it is a crock of crap when the seller literally says "I would never intentionally misrepresent anything".

"K98 Mauser in 8x57JRS(8mm Mauser) with super rare DUV 41 code, manufactured by BERLIN LUBECKER. Obviously a quality rework, ( highly doubtful, but possibly by Mitchell's Mausers,found no evidence to support this claim),but all numbers match, except for the front stock band, markings and proofs are correct, and it's doubtful that it required much if any actual work.(Note, after careful research and inspection of this rifle, I DO NOT believe it to be a "Mitchell's Mausers" rework, as several things are inconsistent with the Mitchell's Mausers rifles.) K98 bolts are correct both blued and in the white(bare metal) as seen here. This is not a chrome bolt, nothing here is incorrect or "fake", other than the reproduction sling and I'm not certain about the stock, as it is pristine, then again, so is the rifle. It's still very possibility an arsenal rework. Mitchell's Mausers are known for the scope mount attachment on the left side of the rear sight, clearly missing from this rifle. I think that the gentleman's concerns were based on the duv 41 code and the exceptional condition of this rifle. I sell a number of very valuable antique firearms and would NEVER intentionally misrepresent ANYTHING I list for auction. I believe this rifles value both meets and exceeds the minimum bid and see no convincing evidence otherwise. I'm very happy to send additional photos of any angle on this rifle. I can definitely tell you that I didn't receive it in a box with accessories and paperwork from Mitchell's Mausers. All Nazi proofs are extremely clear, correctly located, and there's absolutely no pitting or damage under the finish. It DOES have importer markings,clearly noted in one of the photos, but is in incredible "as new" condition and VERY RARE. Bore is MINT. Absolutely no dings in stock and has original Mauser type sling. Best I've seen in more than 50 years of collecting and working in the firearms industry. Don't let this one get away. This is a truly beautiful and remarkable rifle. A fellow Gunbroker enthusiast brought the Mitchell's Mausers possibility to my attention, so I did some checking. I did find an old listing for a confirmed Mitchell's Mausers duv 41 coded K98 that sold for $1850.00 back in 2012 on a gunsamerica.com auction. so I don't think the price is remotely out of line, especially considering the condition of this rifle. I personally always have believed it to be a good collector grade K98 and always will. It's certainly not my first, nor my only k98 Mauser, and I'll continue to collect more, as my budget allows.
The importer mark on the barrel is quite clear and easy enough to research. That said, I can find no link between the importer mark and Mitchell's Mausers. If anyone does, please feel free to bring it to my attention! If I thought for 1 second that the value was somehow less than the starting bid, I'd be more than happy to lower it according. As for all of the research I've done, the rifle is worth MORE than the minimum bid by a decent amount.
Many thanks to everyone for your interest and I'm certain you'll find my description honest to the letter. "

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/902249404

EDIT: I just realized, he made an account to bid on it. Look at the only bidder lol... NR and just made today XD

pix510061703.jpg
pix055679276.jpg
pix513928939.jpg
pix913502507.jpg

Oh my god! Super pimp shined and sand blasted. Afraid it will never end.

Yea, for real. I honestly don't see anything wrong if you want to buy a Mitchel's to shoot, its the blatant lying and price gouging that pisses me off.

Amazingly, he can't find any connection with the MMC import marking and the Mitchell's Mausers Co.. What a load in that description!

Well it can't get much more lazy than that. I mean his description is bad... but its so obvious that its bad--HOPEFULLY TO EVERYONE--and he doesn't even try to mask it. And if you believe his description but fail to see the grind marks on the bolt and safety from OUTTER SPACE then you deserve to be taken for a ride. Someone must have had Tourette syndrome when they were grinding it.

THESE TYPES OF PEOPLE ARE THE WORST.

EDIT: Uploaded SS of Serial

Attachments

• pix265493844.jpg
    pix265493844.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 99
Well it can't get much more lazy than that. I mean his description is bad... but its so obvious that its bad--HOPEFULLY TO EVERYONE--and he doesn't even try to mask it. And if you believe his description but fail to see the grind marks on the bolt and safety from OUTTER SPACE then you deserve to be taken for a ride. Someone must have had Tourette syndrome when they were grinding it.

THESE TYPES OF PEOPLE ARE THE WORST.

EDIT: Uploaded SS of Serial

Good call.

So, I've been messaging this guy to get a feel for whether he is just ignorant or a scammer. I think this reply tells us the answer to that...

"While you’re reading up on Mitchell’s Mausers, which I never made it a point to do till now, please note that there’s ZERO proof that their Mausers are anything less than Russian captures, with original markings, not “forced matching numbers” or “restamps”. I have found that this is an internet controversy for a good while now. I’m not about to take sides in the great debate. I’d absolutely LOVE to find a reasonably priced, even mismatched, Russian captured Walther P38 or DWM P08 Luger for sale. The Walther P38-P1 I currently own, is incredibly expensive, in near mint and/or reworked condition. I fortunately bought one of the P38-P1s imported by CAI back in the 90’s. It’s in an original black leather flap holster and has Century International Arms engraved down one side of the slide. Regardless of how ugly that is, I’ve been offered nearly as much for it, as I’ve seen byf (Mauser) coded Russian captured, all steel, mismatched originals, sell for in the past. I honestly wish I could afford to keep the K98 duv 41, regardless of who did the work, as I HAVE ABSOLUTELY ZERO REASON TO BELIEVE ANY PART OF IT HAS BEEN FAKED! If you believe otherwise, I’d encourage you not to bid. I’m pretty certain I know who did place a bid, and he couldn’t care less who reworked it. After seeing the online debate that’s been happening since the dawn of the internet,(both sides believing their side to be100% correct), I can seen that the debate has carried over to my auction. I still stand by what I’ve learned. My dad had one of the largest and finest K98 Mauser collections you’d ever see, including those in museums. Several looked exactly the same, right down to the bolt being”in the white”.before there was a Mitchell’s Mausers. I’ve been very polite, considering, but my nephew (25) died of covid , last night, as soon as they unplugged him. I’m trying to keep that out of our conversation, but it’s difficult when being trashed by someone with an unproven opinion. Again, I’m sorry you feel the way you do. I have nothing to hide."

tman43.PNG

So, I've been messaging this guy to get a feel for whether he is just ignorant or a scammer. I think this reply tells us the answer to that...

"While you’re reading up on Mitchell’s Mausers, which I never made it a point to do till now, please note that there’s ZERO proof that their Mausers are anything less than Russian captures, with original markings, not “forced matching numbers” or “restamps”. I have found that this is an internet controversy for a good while now. I’m not about to take sides in the great debate. I’d absolutely LOVE to find a reasonably priced, even mismatched, Russian captured Walther P38 or DWM P08 Luger for sale. The Walther P38-P1 I currently own, is incredibly expensive, in near mint and/or reworked condition. I fortunately bought one of the P38-P1s imported by CAI back in the 90’s. It’s in an original black leather flap holster and has Century International Arms engraved down one side of the slide. Regardless of how ugly that is, I’ve been offered nearly as much for it, as I’ve seen byf (Mauser) coded Russian captured, all steel, mismatched originals, sell for in the past. I honestly wish I could afford to keep the K98 duv 41, regardless of who did the work, as I HAVE ABSOLUTELY ZERO REASON TO BELIEVE ANY PART OF IT HAS BEEN FAKED! If you believe otherwise, I’d encourage you not to bid. I’m pretty certain I know who did place a bid, and he couldn’t care less who reworked it. After seeing the online debate that’s been happening since the dawn of the internet,(both sides believing their side to be100% correct), I can seen that the debate has carried over to my auction. I still stand by what I’ve learned. My dad had one of the largest and finest K98 Mauser collections you’d ever see, including those in museums. Several looked exactly the same, right down to the bolt being”in the white”.before there was a Mitchell’s Mausers. I’ve been very polite, considering, but my nephew (25) died of covid , last night, as soon as they unplugged him. I’m trying to keep that out of our conversation, but it’s difficult when being trashed by someone with an unproven opinion. Again, I’m sorry you feel the way you do. I have nothing to hide."

View attachment 269386

You can hear the backup warning beeper on the BS dump truck it that statement!

You can hear the backup warning beeper on the BS dump truck it that statement!

I'm changing my assesment to 'ignorant AND an asshole'. Another 'museum quality' collection loaded with bolts in the white. Sure dude.... sure.

I'm changing my assesment to 'ignorant AND an asshole'. Another 'museum quality' collection loaded with bolts in the white. Sure dude.... sure.

100%...total A-hole...he is either a complete liar, it too stupid to learn anything. What exactly does he think mmc stands for???

Sub room temp IQ, or complete lying sack, I leave it to you..?

what a weirdo...."my nephew just died of covid" what the heck does that have to do with your fake mauser....

Oh it’s faked, and he knows it. It’s probably Mitchell himself. Turd peddler.

14bc72a803ad0c3147af517e1280a643.jpg

Sent from my top secret official Bunker of the Order of the Def’s Hed.

Maybe the MMC import stamp could have provided a clue to this idiot, if he was capable of having one. The only proof I have of a connection between that mark and Mitchell's Mausers is the fact that every one of their guns has it.

Amazing the number of outright fakery that goes on. Hard to believe some fork over large sums of money before checking out a potential buy. Thank god for this forum and people that believe in honesty.

Military Rifle Journal
Back