Third Party Press

Anyone able to identify these barrels?

CalFed

I glommed a bunch of barrels at an online auction, including this group of three. They look like large ring Mauser barrels to me. They have some stampings on the shank. Anyone able to ID them and the marks?

AVwo5Ps.jpg

GHjBHn8.jpg

YTlGJXl.jpg

I believe we can be pretty sure they aren’t K98k barrels, but what’s the overall length? from what the pix show, there are no steps in diameter, save at the muzzle. Is the barrel OD tapered? Diameter of barrel shoulder (ridge next to the threads) and diameter & pitch of the barrel threads would be of some help as well as knowing the barrel ID.

You are
I believe we can be pretty sure they aren’t K98k barrels, but what’s the overall length? from what the pix show, there are no steps in diameter, save at the muzzle. Is the barrel OD tapered? Diameter of barrel shoulder (ridge next to the threads) and diameter & pitch of the barrel threads would be of some help as well as knowing the barrel ID.
You appear to be correct. On another forum someone suggested that they were Swedish Mauser barrels and I believe I've confirmed that.

I found an old listing on Apex Gun Parts for NOS Swedish M96 gun barrels...

QhbEzfr.jpg

ZMZuOLg.jpg

qK9kMFh.jpg

One Apex picture even has the same stampings as one of my new barrels...

ZzgI7jb.jpg

801PROh.jpg

Military Rifle Journal
Back