Third Party Press

Anyone here win the Mädler?

mrfarb

No War Eagles For You!
I saw it, but I don't like the tinned type kits, and early kits are even worse to find parts for if you want to make it correct. Didn't someone say that Mädler was probably just a retailer? It doesn't appear to be a military kit without a waffenamt.

flynaked

Yeah reading the old threads that sounded like the consensus, I would love to have a non military kit, especially a Jagd, but I’ll have to keep looking!

SVW1945

I bid on it, But lost. Like what was said ,to find the other parts would be a treat and expensive. For a commercial one.

CanadianAR

Maple Syrup Mod Eh
I thought the old thread showed unmarked parts? Shouldn’t be terrible to find some unmarked appel stuff I wouldn’t think.

pwcosol

Had been following it and attempted to place a bid...only to have Ebay take 5+ seconds to respond and state in a pop-up, there was some sort of error and to resubmit my bid! I attempted to do so but in the seconds allotted, doubt I made it in time. However, when I glanced up at the window and saw the bid at $332.00, mine wasn't even close. So...whom have we yet to hear from...perhaps "S"?

Last edited:

flynaked

Had been following it and attempted to place a bid...only to have Ebay take 5+ seconds to respond and state in a pop-up, there was some sort of error and to resubmit my bid! I attempted to do so but in the seconds allotted, doubt I made it in time. However, when I glanced up at the window and saw the bid at $332.00, mine wasn't even close. So...whom have we yet to hear from...perhaps "S"?

I had the exact same thing happen when I attempted to bid again. I hope someone here got it, but it looks more like it’s probably a dealer that did with the amount of feedback they had.

pwcosol

I had the exact same thing happen when I attempted to bid again. I hope someone here got it, but it looks more like it’s probably a dealer that did with the amount of feedback they had.

Had a friend bid something recently on ScrewBay. He went to up his bid near closing time and the calculator box in which you enter the new amount did not appear. Instead, another box did which displayed three check-off options...increase your bid by $1.00 or $2.00 or $3.00! WTF? His theory is ScrewBay wants to coerce you to maximize your bid earlier rather than in the final moments before closing. They are also forcing everyone into the new "managed payments" format, too. Lastly, in the recent Covid relief bill, come 1/1/22 any third party auction site (like Ebay, GunBoards, etc.) will now generate a 1099 if your sale(s) for the year exceed $600.00.

Last edited:

WreckTangle

Had a friend bid something recently on ScrewBay. He went to up his bid near closing time and the calculator box in which you enter the new amount did not appear. Instead, another box did which displayed three check-off options...increase your bid by $1.00 or $2.00 or $3.00! WTF? His theory is ScrewBay wants to coerce you to maximize your bid earlier rather than in the final moments before closing. They are also forcing everyone into the new "managed payments" format, too. Lastly, in the recent Covid relief bill, come 1/1/22 any third party auction site (like Ebay, GunBoards, etc.) will now generate a 1099 if your sale(s) for the year exceed $600.00.

Not to get off subject, but I want people on the forum to win the rare stuff and not someone like fatso who fluffs up descriptions, restamps and charges 300% to suckers. Which results in prices being artificially inflated pricing out new comers like me.

I've had problems with eBay too, I almost punched out my truck window and threw out my phone and continuous run it over after eBay said I didn't win an item that I literally have been looking for 6 years even though I was the highest bidder, even though I was and it just happened to be a glitch on mobile. If your going to snipe the auction, there is a "final intent to bid" confirmation screen/pop up that shows how much time is left on an item, you put your total in and place the bid with 5 seconds left. You have to have a ceiling and stick to it because you won't have time to increase your bid. eBay only asks you if you want to increase your max bid by 1/2/3 $ if your max bid is lower than another bidder's max bid.

Even though eBay, Amazon etc... automatically generate a 1099 and report it to the IRS--currently sales over 20k and/or 200 sale transactions--you aren't required to file a 1099-MISC on your annual return if you aren't--what the IRS classifies as--a business, i.e., you purchase and resell items or assets for the sole purpose for driving profit, profit to support living income--I simplified it, the IRS lists other criteria. Otherwise, the IRS classifies your activities as a "hobby" and you are not subject to income tax on any profit. The IRS lacks the manpower to go after people who make $600.01 as reported by eBay or Farb (lol) for selling items on the trader. According to my accountant half the processing centers are still closed and they have millions of unprocessed 2019 returns just sitting in bins. The IRS is totally screwed and they don't have time or the resources to go after someone who makes alternative income $600.01 (THANK GOD).

Slash

Have been chasing one of these for more than 10 years. This is only the third example I have recorded in many years of collecting and researching the rg34. And the first example that was for sale. So was very happy to be the winner. An exciting addition to the collection.

pwcosol

Have been chasing one of these for more than 10 years. This is only the third example I have recorded in many years of collecting and researching the rg34. And the first example that was for sale. So was very happy to be the winner. An exciting addition to the collection.

"Had been following it and attempted to place a bid...So, whom have we yet to hear from...perhaps "S"?"

I had no doubt the Madler had not escaped your attention. Bravo, good Sir! As pleased as you are to have won it, I imagine the seller is equally elated (and bewildered) as to why his Rg34 went for what it did. Equally interesting, my friend (D.M.) whom has the one I posted photos of, wrote down what he would have bid the piece to, had he not already had one and that number was $333.33. Had another friend call me afterwards and ask "if that kit on Feebay was real", since he had never seen a Rg34 so marked, so enlightened him to it's authenticity...

Last edited:

Military Rifle Journal