Third Party Press

Appropriate place to post GB seller warning?

thisistheway

Hello all,

While crawling Gunbroker in search of a stripped large ring 98 receiver for a project, I came across an auction for an "all matching" byf 42 K98k. The seller claimed to not know anything about the history of the gun/essentially pled ignorance in the description, but from the photos it was clearly a Mitchell's Mausers fake ("blinged" bolt, sanded stock, and MMC import mark). I sent the seller a message warning him that the rifle was almost certainly a counterfeit/non matching gun and that he might want to at least disclose that this was a Mitchell's Mausers build. I got one of the rudest responses I've ever gotten on GB, essentially telling me to mind my own business and he'd be doing no such thing. Shortly after, some poor soul clicked the Buy It Now.

Does this forum have an appropriate venue for documenting disreputable sellers/people or businesses that knowingly and dishonestly traffic in faked rifles?

I'll wait for someone with more clout than me to chime in on your question but that said depending on how bad the BIN guy got hosed I'd love to see the autopsy.

not surprised at the response from the seller, many people have zero ethics when it comes to money.
& as bad as I may feel for the buyer, who throws down hundreds or thousands without doing some research?
But then some folks enjoy gambling, even when they lose, go figure.

Buyer Beware. Always do your due diligence, some people have more money than sense and there will always be those who exploit that.

Military Rifle Journal
Back