Third Party Press

ASW 42 matching Bayo bidded up to $ 740.00 Why ???

SVW1945

Here is a matched bayo ASW 42. 75 bids up to & 740.00 . I can't see why is it bid so high. Its not even that nice of a bayonet. Can you guys shed some lite on this. Or am I missing something here. Its on Eblow 114768551060

Attachments

• bayo 4301.jpg
    bayo 4301.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 68
  • bayo4302.jpg
    bayo4302.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 55
  • bayo4303.jpg
    bayo4303.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 45
  • bayo4304.jpg
    bayo4304.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 39
  • bayo4305.jpg
    bayo4305.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 43
  • bayo4306.jpg
    bayo4306.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 39
  • bayo4307.jpg
    bayo4307.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Clearly you don’t have good taste in “mint” condition bayonets purchased with stimulus dollars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sucker born every minute I guess. That much for a bayo? Wonder what one might pay for my NSKK dagger.

I saw that auction too, was going to wait until it ended to ask you guys about it.

Blade serial is fake (etched)?

That’s a lot for that. I’m guilty of overpaying for some bayonets but they are factory new. Not this clearly well carried condition.

I viewed the listing. I'm going to watch it until the end to see the final price it sells at. Honestly, I'm at a loss for words on why this bayonet has such a high bid. Possibly a case of shill bidding...? When I looked at the bid history there is a person with a feedback of 1. That would be my best guess, but I could be wrong.

It could be BS bidding, or a few idiots with extra money to spend, wanted a three digit serial numbered bayonet. I would not pay that much for a bayonet in that condition even if it had a one digit serial number.

It could be BS bidding, or a few idiots with extra money to spend, wanted a three digit serial numbered bayonet. I would not pay that much for a bayonet in that condition even if it had a one digit serial number.

That's what it could be - the super rare 3 digit serial numbers. :facepalm::laugh:

Problem are people in pandemic time and not enough basic data by them, the condition is bad on that piece, black painted scabbard, it could be even lightly sharpened?
Some new collector from Slovakia spend about 1000€ for Elite Diamant 38 and when he got it it was reblued, luckily he could return the piece, anyway i dont understand how people much are spending for bad condition pieces, i buyed a light rusted matching piece in Vienna about 15 years ago for 35€. It was untouched condition.

Military Rifle Journal
Back