Third Party Press

bcd4 / bnz44 cleaned up

For sure you cleaned it to death and removed the bnz handstamp .... :googlie. No, just kidding, very nice piece! The "bnz" handstamped part on my BCD/BNZ 4 action has been extremely lightly marked (pretty sure this is because BCD receivers are usually extremely hard) and possibly it was also worn off on your rifle .. compare it with the markings on mine, barely visible despite still being originally blued:
attachment.php

I picked this one up from Gunbroker recently. Mauser99 posted pics of it from the auction, but I had a chance to strip the black paint from it and cleaned the stock up a little. Stock is sanded, Eagle H is gone from the stock sanding (some are struck weakly so I suspect it didn't take much for them to take it off), but the gun is 100% matching. I'll be the first to admit sanded stock guns that have been spray painted are NOT my cup of tea. Rarely would I even buy one, but this gun is sufficiently rare to warrant having it as a restored example. It looks a lot better now, I stripped the paint and oiled the metal- it does appear the top of receiver and front band were cleaned of rust, but no cold blue under all the paint. Actually, it's not a bad looking rifle considering where it started. I'm posting these pics as they are difficult to find, and I know a lot of people collect data on them- here's some data.

Actually this forum is more focused on historical K98k rifles than sniper builds. While you may get answers, expect most in here to dislike your planning for you modifying a K98k rifle. Plus there surely are better places with people more knowledgeable on sniper builds than this forum.

I am not an expert. What about this rifle other than the steyr barrel makes it a bnz production?
The bnz 4 on a bcd rolled marked excess receiver??

Wasn't trying to be a dick and I looked further and am not sure which gun in the post you're speaking of. The composition of the other parts and WHO provided them provides the clues.

I picked this one up from Gunbroker recently. Mauser99 posted pics of it from the auction, but I had a chance to strip the black paint from it and cleaned the stock up a little. Stock is sanded, Eagle H is gone from the stock sanding (some are struck weakly so I suspect it didn't take much for them to take it off), but the gun is 100% matching. I'll be the first to admit sanded stock guns that have been spray painted are NOT my cup of tea. Rarely would I even buy one, but this gun is sufficiently rare to warrant having it as a restored example. It looks a lot better now, I stripped the paint and oiled the metal- it does appear the top of receiver and front band were cleaned of rust, but no cold blue under all the paint. Actually, it's not a bad looking rifle considering where it started. I'm posting these pics as they are difficult to find, and I know a lot of people collect data on them- here's some data.

Military Rifle Journal
Back