Third Party Press

Black Widow Lugers...why so much?

Simple answer why so much

View attachment 318752
I’ve seen many minty byf with wooden grips break $5000 (minty holster, spare msg and tool) to over the last year and I’m not talking about with matching mags, but blank black bottom or aluminum bottom mags. I’ve saved the sales and its a number of them. I suspect some have brought much more that I haven’t caught. I see minty M43 Heer tunics bringing 3k (a few at 4K) mid war 98k’s routinely at and over the 3k (one today asking right at 5k with walnut stock!!!!) and nice minty single decal Heer helmets at 2k and higher. I guess I’m wondering what’s so unusual about it given the times and the typical “collector”, apparently.

I’ve seen many minty byf with wooden grips break $5000 (minty holster, spare msg and tool) to over the last year and I’m not talking about with matching mags, but blank black bottom or aluminum bottom mags. I’ve saved the sales and its a number of them. I suspect some have brought much more that I haven’t caught. I see minty M43 Heer tunics bringing 3k (a few at 4K) mid war 98k’s routinely at and over the 3k (one today asking right at 5k with walnut stock!!!!) and nice minty single decal Heer helmets at 2k and higher. I guess I’m wondering what’s so unusual about it given the times and the typical “collector”, apparently.

Must be that my carnival barking is no good…..

Dang! I think my mom still has many of these. I need to tell her to sell them.

I see minty M43 Heer tunics bringing 3k (a few at 4K) mid war 98k’s routinely at and over the 3k (one today asking right at 5k with walnut stock!!!!) and nice minty single decal Heer helmets at 2k and higher. I guess I’m wondering what’s so unusual about it given the times and the typical “collector”, apparently.
This is exactly what was seen in the years immediately prior to the market crash back in 2008. After the crash, the same type of common items offered for sale had trouble finding buyers even at 50% of the previous overinflated prices. I fully expect we will see this situation repeated at some point in the near future.

I was fortunate enough to stumble on a BYF41 a few weeks ago at what I would call a bargain price. Normally, I wouldn’t have even considered it but my ten year old has a fatal case of Teutonic flu and obsessed with anything German.

I snagged it for him, because when he is old enough to obtain one the prices will be astronomical

………

Attachments

• 8F142BB3-51DF-4294-B783-B561B8C533D4.jpeg
    8F142BB3-51DF-4294-B783-B561B8C533D4.jpeg
    167.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 71426735-0E9C-42F0-BF4F-F2FCE55848D5.jpeg
    71426735-0E9C-42F0-BF4F-F2FCE55848D5.jpeg
    172.6 KB · Views: 27
saw those.. they were originally up there for 1299.00 obo then relisted with a 999 buy it now and sold in a day or two.. They are nice original grips and could have been a upgrade set for someone or to turn a brown luger black... Seems to add 2k to the price now a days... Absurd and insane but true..

GTFO. Some blowhole paid $1k for 2 pieces of plastic?

They aren't just plastic, they are two pieces of phenolic resin history. My biggest fear is this is all going to crash the P.08 market before I can sell my three and buy a bass boat.

iu

Military Rifle Journal
Back