7.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 74
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 81

mrfarb

No War Eagles For You!
Staff member
Man those stock stamps look like they were applied yesterday. Not sure I've ever seen them all so crisp?

Now you have. I’ve seen other bsw’s (and s/42’s from that matter) with walnut stocks like this, just crispy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warrior1354

ax - hole
I highly doubt this rifle actually sold instead it was a shill bidder. That NR bidder has been on GunBroker since 2008. Apparently the opening bid of $5,000 was never pushed and then all sudden boom this person comes out of nowhere? Right lol

Bigdibbs88

"Ach du lieber!"
I highly doubt this rifle actually sold instead it was a shill bidder. That NR bidder has been on GunBroker since 2008. Apparently the opening bid of $5,000 was never pushed and then all sudden boom this person comes out of nowhere? Right lol

I was in communication with the seller, this is incorrect. NR bidders pop up all the time, although strange that it’s a long term member I had the same thing happen to me recently. They didn’t pay of course. I’m actually surprised this didn’t sell for more

Last edited:

Warrior1354

ax - hole
I was in communication with the seller, this is incorrect. NR bidders pop up all the time, although strange that it’s a long term member I had the same thing happen to me recently. They didn’t pay of course. I’m actually surprised this didn’t sell for more

I'll be honest Rob I actually thought it would sell for a lot more. Yeah that sucks that's happened to me a couple times. I've actually seen a lot of that lately I'm just wondering if people are running up auctions just to mess with the buyers and sellers.

Loewe

Moderator²
Staff member
I agree with Rob and Mike, this is a righteous rifle and although not unseen in this condition, this is probably worth the $5000 stretch... BSW's are often in top grades, or approaching such grades. This rifle has been recorded twice before, 2007 and 2009, didn't save the text, but same condition and it fits with trends perfectly.

A very nice rifle and easily a centerpiece to any high quality collection.

Last edited:

mowzerluvr

Hey Buddy, is that an E/4 in your pocket?
I was asked to vet the rifle. Once I do that I have a moral obligation to "not bid". Easily would have paid that price. Let's see if the person I spoke to bought it. If I had spotted it first I'd have been in the bidding. I'd have gone much higher for that condition AND it's a production run 39'.

Gringo

I thought long and hard about it, but I only keep one or two K98's around any more. That would have been a good one to sock away. Kind of interesting that the bidder was an NR and there was only one bid on it.

Sometimes purchasing a rifle like that is timing too. You got to have $5k (plus whatever the taxes are in your state...here that would have been an extra $420 added) available and want to spend it right now. Even those who have that kind of cash might wave it off because of other potential purchases or a host of recent purchases. An interesting dynamic when you start talking about rifles in that league.

Rhind64

Hello Gentlemen! I bought that rifle. I am really looking forward to receiving it and will post here my thoughts on it! It is a beautiful rifle for sure and will sit very nicely in my collection! Also, yes I signed up for Gunbroker in 2008 and honestly I never purchased a firearm from that platform because I didnt trust it..haha I am a "look at it in person" type of buyer...This Bsw is so nice that I thought well there is a first for everything. I trust that I wont be disappointed....

Rick

BMWMilhist

Nice Grab

Hello Gentlemen! I bought that rifle. I am really looking forward to receiving it and will post here my thoughts on it! It is a beautiful rifle for sure and will sit very nicely in my collection! Also, yes I signed up for Gunbroker in 2008 and honestly I never purchased a firearm from that platform because I didnt trust it..haha I am a "look at it in person" type of buyer...This Bsw is so nice that I thought well there is a first for everything. I trust that I wont be disappointed....

Rick

Congratulations Rick, it looks outstanding from what was shown! Sometimes you’ve gotta mix it up for the right item. Look forward to seeing further pictures if you’re so inclined in the future.

Cheers,
Brandon

mto7464

I agree with Rob and Mike, this is a righteous rifle and although not unseen in this condition, this is probably worth the $5000 stretch... BSW's are often in top grades, or approaching such grades. This rifle has been recorded twice before, 2007 and 2009, didn't save the text, but same condition and it fits with trends perfectly.

A very nice rifle and easily a centerpiece to any high quality collection.

I'd love to see your records. This is not a request, just a peek to see how much you have recorded over the years.

Rhind64

Thank you Brandon,
Yes, that is what I figured with this rifle! I will be happy to post up some of my own pictures of it as soon as I receive it!

Rick

Congratulations Rick, it looks outstanding from what was shown! Sometimes you’ve gotta mix it up for the right item. Look forward to seeing further pictures if you’re so inclined in the future.

Cheers,
Brandon

MrB

Rick

Congratulations Rick. Can't wait to see more pictures of this fine rifle.

Military Rifle Journal